Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The medicine is mainly used to treat hypertension which is the fastest growing disease globally. Hypertension can lead to several heart related disorders. Along with several ways, hypertension can be also be treated using Lorvas, a thiazide-like diuretic. The medicine helps in relieving high blood pressure by increasing the urine production. The main ingredient Indapamide is responsible to produce antihypertensive effects.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used either in combination with other drugs or alone to treat heart failure and high blood pressure. It is prescribed for hypertension and edema.
Working of the drug:
The drug contains Indapamide. Indapamide is responsible for increasing the urine production. When the urine production increases water and salts that causes high blood pressure gets excreted. This ultimately leads to reduction of hypertension.
Lorvas is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Lorvas 2.5 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Lorvas 2.5 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Indapamide or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant or if you are breast feeding your baby unless prescribed by your doctor
- If you are a child below the age of 16 unless prescribed by your doctor
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have diabetes
- Have gout
- Have kidney/liver disease
- Have thyroid
- Have any allergy
- Have history of abnormal heart rhythm
- Have any other medical condition
- Are allergic to any medicine
How much to take the drug?
The dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. However the general dosage for adult: PO- HTN: 1.25-2.5 mg once per day. For Edema the usual dose is 2.5 mg once daily and it can be increased up to 5 mg/day after 1 week if required.
How to take the drug?
The medicine comes in the form of a tablet. The tablet needs to be taken by mouth with food with the help of a glass of water.
For how long to take it?
The time for which the medicine would be prescribed depends on the severity of your condition. However, it is essential to complete the dose and not leave it mid way even though you might have experienced improvement in your condition.
In case of overdose you must get medical attention immediately. Signs of overdose may include chest tightness, wheezing, itching, fever, bad cough, seizures, blue or gray skin colour, tongue, swelling of face, stomach upset, nausea, rash etc.
In case of missed dose you may ask your doctor and seek advice if the missed dose can be compensated or not. Usually you can take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if close to the next dose it is not good to take two dose at the same time. In such case you must skip the missed dose and continue with the normal schedule.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine are skin rash, vertigo, fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, purpura, vomiting, constipation, paresthesia, low potassium level, and headache.
The above list is not a complete list of side effects that you may experience there may be others too. If such side effects hinder your daily life then you must get medical help from your doctor.
Common drug interactions:
Alert your doctor if you are taking any other medicines for any other ailments as there is chance of drug interaction. If you are taking any medicines for heart disease, high blood pressure such as digoxin, if you are taking any medicine for transplant or rheumatoid illness such as ciclosporin or a mood medicine such as lithium you must inform your doctor about it.
Things to remember:
- The medicine must be stored in a dry and cool place and should not be used if the expiry date has passed.
- Avoid excess exposure to sunlight and when out were sunscreen and covered clothes.
- The medicine should not be taken if you have intolerance to some sugars.
- The medicine should not be shared with any one even if they have the same symptoms.
- The medicine should be used for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- Even after completing the full course if you still suffer from the same symptoms you must visit the doctor immediately.