M Cam 15 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Meloxicam belong to a class of drugs called NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) that is mainly used to help reduce inflammation, pain and fever. The main ingredient of the medicine is Meloxicam.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used to decrease pain and inflammation that is caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and juvenile arthritis in children and adults who are 2 years and above. It can also be used for the purpose which is not mentioned in the list.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the hormones that causes pain and inflammation in the body. It may work by lowering levels of prostaglandin, which is a hormone like substance that is responsible for causing inflammation in the body.
M-Cam is manufactured by Unichem, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy M-Cam 15 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- M-Cam 15 mg
Buy M-Cam 15 gm online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Breast feeding your baby
Allergic to the main ingredient of the drug Meloxicam or any other ingredient of the drug
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have heart or blood vessel disease
- Have high blood pressure
- Have stomach ulcer or stomach bleeding
- Have liver damage
- Have kidney disease
- Have asthma
How much to take the drug?
If you are taking the medicine for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis then the initial dose is 7.5 mg taken once per day. The dose may be increased to 15 mg per day. In case suffering from Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis then the initial dose is 0.125 milligram per kilogram of a body weight that is to be taken once per day. The maximum dose that can be taken is 15mg per day.
The dosage of the medicine is usual fixed by your doctor after taking into consideration your weight, age, severity of condition, response to treatment and also drug interaction.
How to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken by mouth with the help of water. You must not lie down for at least sometime after taking this drug. If taking this medicine results in stomach upset then you must take the medicine with milk, food or an antacid.
For how long to take it?
The drug needs to be taken for the entire period of time for which it has been prescribed. You must not stop the medicine without consulting with your doctor.
An overdose of medicine can lead to several side effects such as vomiting, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, black or bloody stools, fever, coughing up blood, less urinating, seizure, fainting or coma. In case of overdose you must contact your doctor immediately.
In case of missed dose you must take the dose as soon as you remember. If it is near to the next dose the you must skip the missed dose and continue with the original schedule.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine include:
- Abdominal pain
- Itching or rash
- Indigestion or heartburn
In case the above side effects persist for long then you must visit your doctor immediately. Some of the serious side effects that you can experience when consuming the medicines are:
- Chest pain
- Cold sweat
- Trouble breathing
- Sudden confusion
- Vision difficulty in one or both eyes
- Severe stomach pain
- Vomiting blood
- Black, sticky stools
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes
- Rapid weight gain
- Pain with urination
- Decreased red blood cells
The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case such serious side effects occur you must visit your doctor immediately.
Common drug interactions:
There may be certain medicines which if taken along with Meloxicam can cause serious side effects. You need to keep a list of medicines that you are taking and present it to your doctor before the medicine is prescribed to you. Here is a list of medicines that may interact with Meloxicam:
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Sandimmune);Neoral,
- A diuretic (water pill) such as furosemide (Lasix);
- Lithium (Lithobid);Eskalith,
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- Glyburide (DiaBeta, Micronase);
- Sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kionex, Kayexalate, )
- Steroids (prednisone and others)
- A blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- Aspirin or other NSAIDs such as diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), ketoprofen (Orudis), indomethacin (Indocin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and others.
The above list is not a complete list of medicines that may interact with Meloxicam. There may be others too.
Things to remember:
- Avoid alcohol when you are taking the medicine as it may risk the chance of stomach bleeding.
- You must not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dark place away from heat, light and moisture.
- Even after taking the medicine for the prescribed period of time your health condition does not improve, then you must visit your doctor.