|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.33||US$ 10.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 15.5022%US$ 20.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.22||US$ 19.5035%US$ 30.00|
About the drug:
It is an anti-thyroid medication that is mainly used to treat hyperthyroidism. The active ingredient of the medicine is Methimazole. It can be consumed alone or in combination with other medicine for the treatment.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is mainly used to treat overactive thyroid. The reasons for overactive thyroid can be inflammation of the thyroid gland, Graves' disease or Plummer's disease.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by preventing the thyroid gland from producing excess of thyroid hormone.
Methimez is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Methimez 5mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Methimez 5mg
Buy Methimez 5 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby
Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug Methimazole or any other ingredient of the drug
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have low counts of white blood cells, red blood cells
- Are receiving radiation treatment
- Are allergic to any medicines
- Are suffering from any other illness
- Are taking any other medicines
- Have liver disease
Have blood disorders such as thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis and so on
How much to take the drug?
The usual dose of the medicine is one medicine after every 8 hours. However, it is necessary that you get in touch with your doctor who will fix your dose after taking into consideration several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, drug interaction and also response to treatment.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It can be taken without or with food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire period prescribed by your doctor. You must not stop the medicine mid way. The time for which the medicine needs to be taken depends upon the severity of your condition.
Taking more than the prescribed dose is not beneficial for the patient. It may end up doing more harm than good. Hence, overdose must be avoided. In case overdose happens one must get in touch with emergency medical care as soon as possible.
In case of missed dose you must take the dose as soon as you remember. However, be careful never to double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Upset stomach
- Hair loss
- Flu like symptoms
- Blood disorders
- Altered taste and heartburn
- Joint pain
- Inflamed nerve
- Swelling of lymph nodes
Some of the serious side effects may include:
- Liver damage
- Lack of new blood cell production by bone marrow
- Poor or slow blood clotting
- Kidney infection
- Low platelet, red blood cell or white blood cell count
- Inflammation of the lining of the arteries
In case the common side effects persist and in case of the serious side effects you must consult your doctor immediately. This is not a complete list of side effects and there may be other side effects too.
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about over the counter medicines, herbal, vitamin-containing drugs or nutritional drugs or supplements that you are taking currently so that your doctor can check if there would be any drug interaction before prescribing the medicine.
Some products which may interact with the medicine are blood thinners such as warfarin, digoxin, theophylline, Coumadin. This is not the complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicines too.
Things to remember:
- Try to avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking the medicine.
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruit when you are taking the medicine.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptom.
- Take the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- Even after taking the medicine for the prescribed period if the symptoms still persist you need to fix an appointment with your doctor again and get yourself checked.