|Generic For||Toprol XL|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Capsules||US$ 0.57||US$ 17.00|
|60 Capsules||US$ 0.53||US$ 31.527%US$ 34.00|
|90 Capsules||US$ 0.51||US$ 46.0310%US$ 51.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Metoprolol Succinate, which is a beta blocker. It is mainly used to treat hypertention.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, angina and also used to treat and prevent heart attack.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by affecting the heart and circulation of blood flow through arteries and veins and thereby reducing high blood pressure.
The manufacturer of Metolar XR - 100mg is Pharmacia, UK. You can purchase Metolar XR - 100mg online.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Metolar XR - 100mg
- Metolar XR - 25mg
- Metolar XR - 50mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Have low blood pressure
- Have diabetes, bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, a thyroid disorder, pheochromocytoma , myasthenia gravis or any other disease
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be prescribed to you after examining you thoroughly. The recommended dose will depend on age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken each day as prescribed by your doctor. The drug is to be taken by mouth with the help of glass of water. It should not be chewed or crushed but taken as a whole.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine can lead to some series side effects. Some of the side effects of overdose of medicine include breathlessness, uneven heartbeat, dizziness, bluish colour fingernails, seizure, weakness or fainting. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor immediately.
If you happen to miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember provided it is not close to the next dose. In case the next dose is close then you must skip the missed dose and follow the original schedule. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Light headedness
If any of the above side effects persist then you must get medical attention as soon as possible.
Some of the serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Severe dizziness,
- Very slow heartbeat
- Breathing trouble
- Blue finger or toes
- New or worsening symptoms of heart failure
- Mental or mood changes
In case of the above side effects you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible.
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are few drugs which may interact with Metoprolol Succinate and affects its working. Some of such medicines are:
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicines
- Other heart or blood pressure medicine
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines as well. It is also wise to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently and the medicines that you are allergic to so as to avoid any drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- If you have to undergo any surgery you must tell your doctor that you are taking Metoprolol Succinate as the medicine needs to be stopped in such case for some time.
- Do not share your medicine with any one even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose. Store the medicine in a cool and dark place away from heat, light and moisture and also away from the reach of children.
- The medicine may affect your reflexes and thinking capacity. Hence you must not indulge in activity that requires lot of alertness such as operating machinery, driving and the likes.
- It is best not to consume alcohol when you are taking the medicine as it may lead to several side effects.