About the drug:
Misoprostol is a synthetic prostaglandin that is mainly used in treating stomach ulcers. It contains the active ingredient Misoprostol.
Uses of the drug:
While NSAIDs such as naproxen, aspirin, ibuprofen and so on are prescribed, the patient runs the risk of developing ulcers. The medicine will help to decrease the risk of serious stomach ulcer complication such as bleeding. The medicine may also be used in combination with other drugs to end pregnancy.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by protecting stomach lining by reducing the amount of stomach acid secretion.
Misoprost is manufactured by Cipla, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Misoprost 200mcg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Misoprost 200mcg
Buy Misoprost 200 mcg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Allergic to the main ingredient Misoprostol or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Pregnant. It being a pregnancy category X drug, it may harm you if taken during pregnancy and may cause premature birth or cause birth defects.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are breastfeeding your baby
- Have heart disease
- Have any intestinal problems
- Have Irritable bowel syndrome
- Have inflammatory bowel disease
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are suffering from any other illness
- Are taking any other medicine.
How much to take the drug?
Usually the medicine needs to be taken four times a day. However, the dose will be prescribed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly and after consideration of several factors such as severity of condition, symptom for which the medicine is being given, weight, age, drug interaction etc.
How to take the drug?
The medicine needs to be taken by mouth with the help of water. It is best to take it at bed time and after meals so as to minimize side effects such as diarrhoea. If it is taken for any other purpose such as to start labour during child birth or for abortion, then you must follow the guidelines provided by your doctor regarding how to take the medicine.
For how long to take it?
As long as you take NSAIDs you need to take this drug too. The medicine needs to be taken regularly so as to get the maximum benefit.
You must take the medicine only in the prescribed quantity and not more than that. In case of over dose you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible. Symptoms of overdose may include
- Stomach upset or pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Tremor or seizure
- Low blood pressure
In case of miss dose, take it as soon as remember. But remember to keep sufficient gap between two doses. Also do not take extra medicine to make up for any missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine include:
- Upset stomach or stomach pain Gas or indigestion
- Constipation, diarrhoea, or vomiting
You should call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the side effects such as:
- Bloody vomit
- Any signs of infection
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and there may be others too.
Common drug interactions:
You must always inform your doctor about any illegal, non-prescription, prescription, herbal remedies and dietary or nutritional supplements that you are taking so as to avoid any drug interaction. Some of the medicines which may interact are
- Arthritis medications
This is not a complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicines too.
Things to remember
- You must not share this medicine with anyone even if the person is having the same symptoms.
- You must take the medicine only for the purpose mentioned by your doctor and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in proper condition away from heat, light, moisture and children.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience signs of infection and also other symptoms such as muscle aches, pains, weakness, diarrhoea, nausea etc.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol as consumption of it may lead to increase in stomach bleeding.
|US Brand Name||Cytotec|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
(Based on 2 ratings)
Write a Review
If you can't buy/access MTP kits easily and you're in your early pregnancy (5 weeks or less), or if you're trying to prevent yourself from needing to go in for a $400+ procedure this is convenient to have around. Would definitely order again should I ever need to.