Momate Lotion 0.1% 30 ml
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Mometasone Furoate|
About the drug:
Mometasone Furoate, also sold under the brand name Elocon among several other brands, is a corticosteroid drug. It decreases the effects of the chemicals that cause redness, swelling, or inflammation. Mometasone Furoate is used to heal the inflammation and itching due to a host of skin conditions like allergic reactions, psoriasis, or eczema.
Uses of the drug:
The anti- inflammatory actions of the drug is helpful in treating inflammatory skin conditions such as dermatitis or eczema. This topical drug is sold under various brand names in the market.
Working of the drug:
Mometasone Furoate is an anti inflammatory drug. It operates by preventing the release of enzymes which lead to the swelling, pain, and irritation associated with these conditions.
Elocon 5 ml is manufactured by Schering Corporation, India. You can buy Elocon 5 ml lotion online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The topical drug is available on our website in the following strengths and dosage form:
- Elocon 5 ml lotion
- Elocon 5 mg cream
You can buy Elocon 5 ml online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Have any kind of skin infections caused by any bacteria, virus or fungi
- If you have a wound on the skin due to sunburn, windburn, dryness, chapping, or irritation, or on an open wound. Do not apply on any open wound or severely damaged skin.
- Are pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor that whether this medicine is safe for the unborn baby or for a young breast feeding baby.
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have kidney problems
- Have bleeding problems
- Have stomach ulcerative colitis
How much to apply the drug?
Use the lotion, strictly according to your doctor's direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. A pea sized amount of lotion enough to apply to the whole affected area is generally advised. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not use this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer to the instructions in them for detailed information of that particular medication. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
How to apply the drug?
Before using take a skin allergy test by applying a small amount of lotion on an unbroken patch of skin and check for any kind of irritation or allergy of the skin towards the product.
After the skin test wash and dry the affected area to make the infected area free of any kind of dirt. Gently rub in the medicine into the skin until it is evenly distributed. Wash-off the medicine from the hands. Apply it religiously as per doctor’s indications so as the skin lightening process is faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the lotion will prove beneficial.
For how long to use it?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Chances of overdose are very less yet you may require medical help in case you fell any kind of discomfort. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
In case you forget to apply the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the skipping then go and apply it. Never apply too much of the product to balance the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Dryness and cracking of the skin if applied around eyes or nose, minor redness or burning sensation at the site of application
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Certain other drugs can interact with Elocon and increase the risk of serious problems. So, it is necessary to consult your doctor about the drug you may have been using. He is the one who will inform you about that whether you need to continue the drug or not.
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
Things to remember:
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- Avoid sunlight or artificial UV light exposure
- Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to cover the treated areas while venturing out in sun
- This medicine may be harmful if swallowed
- Do not use this medicine on a cracked, injured or irritated skin
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only
- Do not use the medicine after the date of expiry