Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||V H Bhagat, India|
About the drug:
The medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as alkylating agents. It is used to treat various types of cancer. The main ingredient of the drug is Lomustine.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is manly used to treat cancerous brain tumours and also used to treat Hodgkin’s disease.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells.
Lomustine is manufactured by V H Bhagat, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Lomustine 40 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Lomustine 40 mg
Buy Lomustine 40 mg at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
Allergic to the main ingredient of the drug Lomustine or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby.
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Have any blood disorder
- Have kidney disease
- Have lung disease
- Have liver disease
- Have blood disorder such as clotting problem, anaemia
- Have any other disease
- Are allergic to any medicine
How much to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken by mouth as a single dose once in every six weeks or as directed by your doctor. The dose of the medicine usually depends on several factors such as condition being treated, age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment and also drug interaction. The doctor after taking into consideration all the above factors fixes the dose.
How to take the drug?
It is best to take the medicine with water 1 hour before meal or 2 to 3 hours after meal in order to avoid vomiting and nausea.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the period for which it is prescribed. It should not be stopped or discontinued in between without the approval of your doctor. Stopping it suddenly can result in several side effects.
If you take excess of the medicine, it can result in having dangerous levels of the drug in the body and can also result in some serious side effects such as
- Stomach pain
- Trouble breathing
In case of overdose of the drug you must get in touch with your doctor immediately.
If you miss any dose there is a chance that the medicine will not work very well in your body. Hence it is important to take the medicine on schedule dates and time. If you miss a dose take it immediately when you remember. It is best to consult your doctor and fix a new schedule in case of missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine include nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite. Such side effects may go away after sometime. However, if they persist for long then you must visit your doctor.
Some serious side effects symptoms may include:
- Sore throat
- Severe stomach pain
- Unusual bruising
- Dark-colour stools
- Blood in your urine
- Trouble breathing
- Yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes
- Swelling of your feet or legs
Common drug interactions:
There are several medicines that may interact with Lomustine. You must share the medicines that you are taking including any herbal medicines or any dietary supplement that you are taking so that there is no drug interaction. Drug interaction may increase your risk of several side effects or change how your medicines work.
Things to remember
- The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
- It should be used only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- The medicine should not be shared with anyone else even though they are suffering from the same symptoms.
- Even after taking the medicine the symptoms still persist then you must visit your doctor again and discuss about your condition.
- Do not get vaccination/ immunizations done without the consent of your doctor. Also avoid contact with people who have received live vaccines such as flu vaccine etc.
- Wash your hands properly after dealing with the medicine.