Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Intas Pharmaceuticals, India|
About the drug:
The medicine is mainly used in treating severe reflux oesophagitis. The main ingredient of the drug is Mosapride, which is a gastric prokinetic agent and serotonin (5HT) receptor agonist. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat various other symptoms as well.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is mainly used to treat:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Acid reflux
The drug may be used for other treatments well.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by speeding up acetylcholine release, accelerating the process of `gastric emptying, relieving pressure on the esophageal sphincter and it also has antagonist properties. This helps in preventing reflux into the oesophagus.
Moza is manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Moza 5mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablets under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Moza 5mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Allergic to the main ingredient Mosapride or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby.
- Are hypersensitive
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose of the medicine is 5 mg three times a day. The recommended dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. Mostly it depends on the patient’s age, weight, severity of condition and response to treatment. The dosage may vary from person to person.
How to take the drug?
The medicine should be taken by mouth with water or without water. It comes as a tablet which is to be taken as a whole and not broken or crushed.
For how long to take it?
The medicine should be taken for as long as prescribed by your doctor. But it should not be more than two weeks.
The medicine should be taken only in the prescribed quantity. Overdose of medicine can lead to several side effects. In case of overdose of the medicine you must seek medical help immediately.
In case of missed dose the medicine should be taken as soon as you remember unless it is time to take the next dose. Never take double dose as that may lead to side effects.
Side effects of the drug:
The most common side effects of the medicine include:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
Common drug interactions:
There are some medicines that may interact with Moza 5mg and result in certain side effects. Hence it is best to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that drug interaction does not happen especially if you are taking macrolide antibiotics, such as erythromycin.
Things to remember
- The medicine should be stored at a room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
- It should be used only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- The medicine should not be shared with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Even after taking the medicine for long if the situation persist then you must visit your doctor for a re check-up.
- Avoid excess dosage of medicine.