Nailon 5 ml
Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Penlac Nail Lacquer|
Nailon 5 ml (Ciclopirox)
Nailon is an antifungal medicine specially formulated to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infection of the skin. The topical dermatological treatment is for fungal nail infections of the fingernail and toenail. The active ingredient of the medicine is Ciclopirox, an antifungal agent helps to prevent the growth and reproduction of the certain type of fungus. The medicine is available in lacquer form for treating a fungal infection of the nails.
What are the Uses of Nailon 5 ml?
Nailon 5 ml is a nail lacquer used to treat fungal infections. The topical treatment is for fingernails and toenails that are affected by fungus. It belongs to one of a group of medicines known as antifungals. The regular application of the medicine stops the growth of the fungus and hence treats the infection.
What are the Application Instructions?
Nailon is a medicated nail lacquer which is to apply to the infected nail every alternative day for the first month, then the application time decreases to twice a week for the second month, then once a week for up to six months and more. Do not use longer than the period of one year without checking with your health care specialist. The solution is for external use only.
Make sure you remove the unattached, infected nail every month with using nail clippers or nail files along with the use of nail lacquer to obtain maximum benefits with the topical preparation. You can also take the help of a health care specialist to remove your loose nails. If you already have diabetes or problems with numbness in your fingers or toes, discuss with your health care specialist before trimming your nails.
You need to use the solution with the help of an applicator brush evenly over the entire affected nail, the skin around the nail, and of course beneath the nail. Let the solution to get dry for a few seconds before you wear socks or gloves. Apply as per instructions over the previous coat. Remove the nail lacquer once a week with the help of alcohol.
Up to a year of application and professional monthly removal of the infected nail are required to get rid of the fungal infection and obtain a clear nail.
What are the Possible Side Effects?
Like any other medicinal product, Nailon 5 ml can cause side effects, but not everyone experiences them. Many of them disappear on its own as your body used to the new medicinal product.
The common side effects include:
- Burning sensation around the treated nail
- Itching or redness
These side effects are quite common and may occur when you begin treatment with Ciclopirox. They then usually go away with time. Call your health care specialist, in case any of them become troublesome.
What about Warnings & Precautions?
- Trimming should be done if required or as per your health care specialist’s instructions.
- Avoid the use of nail polish on the treated nail.
- Do not use artificial nails or other cosmetic nail products while treating with Nailon 5 ml.
- Do not wear tight-fitting socks or gloves that doesn’t allow air circulation. Instead, Pick loose once made of cotton and other natural fibers till you have an infection.
- Inform your health care specialist, if the treated area develops redness, blistering, swelling, irritation, itching, or burning sensation.
- Avoid contact with skin other than surrounded the treated nails. Also avoid contact with eye, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid its use near heat or open flame.