|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 13.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.35||US$ 21.0019%US$ 26.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.31||US$ 27.5029%US$ 39.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Nitazoxanide. It is used in the treatment of diarrhoea in children and adults.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used in the treatment of diarrhoea in children and adults caused by protozoa Cyptosporidium parvum and protozoa Giardia lamblia. The conditions are known by the name traveller’s diarrhoea.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by interfering with the chemicals needed by parasite to live.
The manufacturer of Nizonide - 500 mg is IND-SWIFT LTD. You can buy Nizonide - 500 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Nizonide - 500 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver or kidney disease.
- Have problem with immune system or If you have HIV infection
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are allergic to any other medicine
How much to take the drug?
The drug should be taken in the prescribed quantity as recommended by your doctor. The recommended dose depends on several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, drug interaction, and response to treatment and so on.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It is best to take the medicine with food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it may result in several side effects.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Bone pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Abdominal pain
This is not the complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well. In case side effects happen after taking the medicine one must consult doctor immediately.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which if taken along with Nitazoxanide may increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Hence it is best to avoid taking such medicines together. Keep a list of the medicines that you are taking currently and provide it to your doctor so that he can check for possible drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Adhere to the activity and diet restrictions advised by your doctor when taking the medicine.