Nizral Cream 2% 30gm
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 12.00||US$ 12.00|
|3 Tube/s||US$ 9.33||US$ 28.0022%US$ 36.00|
|6 Tube/s||US$ 7.75||US$ 46.5035%US$ 72.00|
About the drug
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. It is a synthetic Imidazole antifungal medication. It comes in the form of tablets as well as topical administration creams or lotions.
Uses of the drug:
Ketoconazole is used for the treatment of certain fungal infections in the body or serious fungal infections on the skin and nail. It belongs to the family of drugs known as Azole antifungals and functions by preventing the growth of the fungus.
Ketoconazole is available in various forms such as tablets, cream, and shampoo. It is sold under various brands.
Working of the drug:
Ketoconazole inhibits the fungal enzyme 14-a-demethylase. This prevents the conversion of Lanosterol to Ergosterol. Ergosterol is an essential part of cytoplasmic membrane of fungal cell.
Nizral 2% 15 gm cream is manufacture by Johnson and Johnson, India. You can buy Ketoconazole 15 gm online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the cream form in the following strength on our website:
- Nizral 2% creams 15 gm
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and if you are not then use all the methods to prevent pregnancy.
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
- Have any other skin infection
How much to take the drug?
The dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Generally a small amount of cream enough to cover the area is taken and applied.
How to apply the drug?
Apply the pea-size amount of the cream on the affected area twice in day. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular
medication. You can buy Nizral 2% 15 online at alldaychemist.com.
For how long to apply it?
Apply the drug as long as your doctor recommends it to you. Usually the cream is applied to affected skin area for four weeks/ till the doctor recommends you.
If you feel any frightening symptoms, then immediately call the doctor and inform him about the possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare center or call the emergency helpline number.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
- If any of the side effects continue for long time or deteriorate, seek medical attention right away. Call your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects due to Ketoconazole.
Common drug interactions:
- Many other drugs can interact with Ketoconazole. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any of the following drugs: a blood thinner like Warfarin or Clopidogrel, Alfentanil, Cyclophosphamide,
- Cyclosporine Methadone Pimozide Prednisone Saquinavir, Sirolimus, Tacrolimus, Theophylline, Voriconazole, Antidepressants, Cancer Medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines, heart or blood pressure
- medicines, NSAIDs, oral diabetes medicines, Rifabutin, Sedative drugs, or seizure medicines.
- However, these are not the only medicines that can interact with Ketoconazole. There may be others as well. Inform your doctor about all other medicines and related products which you may be using.
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
Things to remember:
- Do not take antacids or stomach acid reducers for at least 2 hours after you have taken a dose of Ketoconazole as they can make the absorption of this medicine harder
- Avoid alcohol while taking Ketoconazole as it may cause undesired side effects
- While using Ketoconazole topical, avoid covering the treated skin areas
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing
- Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results
- If you are using this medicine for jock itch in your feet, wear clean cotton socks, sandals or shoes that allows proper air circulation to the affected area