Norflox DT 100 mg
Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Noroxin DT|
About the drug:
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic drug that is mainly prescribed for the treatment of variety of bacterial infections. This medication may also be used against other conditions not listed here. Norfloxacin is sold under various trade names, such Norflox.
Uses of the drug:
Norfloxacin tablet is the drug that is used to treat a large number of infections. This medicine is suitable to treat bacterial infections and not for the treatment of viral infections. The drug is used to treat urinary tract infections, prostatitis, and sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
Working of the drug:
Norfloxacin is an antimicrobial and antibacterial drug works by reducing the bacterial flavoproteins to reactive proteins that further inactivater the ribosomal proteins of the bacterial cell and the cell dies.
Norflox tablet is manufactured by Cipla; India is a well known pharmaceutical company and is available on our website in multiple packs. You can buy Norflox tablet 100 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and Strengths:
Norfloxacin is available in following strength preparation on our website:
- Norflox 100 mg tablet
- Norflox 200 mg tablet
- Norflox 400 mg tablet
- Norflox 800 mg tablet
Before you take the drug:
Do not take Norfloxacin if you:
- Are allergic to Norfloxacin or any other ingredient of this drug
- Are prone to allergies
- Have an electrolyte imbalance or vitamin B deficiency
- Have a genetic enzyme deficiency, or any type of debilitating disease
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or planning pregnancy
- Are breast feeding
- Ever had an allergic reaction to any skin preparation
- Have ever had kidney disease
- Have anemia, diabetes
How much to take the drug?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor, take this medication by mouth. The medicine is required to be taken twice in a day. The medicine must be taken at least one or two hour after having a meal.
How to take the drug?
All medications must be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor or as mentioned in the medication label or patient leaflet which comes along with the medication. Take this drug with a glassful of water or juice and along with milk and yogurt. Drink large amount of fluids and take a healthy diet.
For how long to take the drug?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Do not stop the drug without consulting the doctor.
In case of overdose immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any bizarre reaction.
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of Norfloxacin are:
- Loss of appetite
- The list of side effects mentioned may not be comprehensive.
- Other symptoms of lung problems arise due to this medicine in some cases, like:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Signs of infection (fever, persistent sore throat)
- Unusual/persistent cough
- Easy bruising/bleeding, persistent or severe headache, mental/mood changes or vision changes may also arise due to norfloxacin. Contact your doctor if you experience any serious side effects.
Common drug interactions:
You must share in advance with your doctor, the list of all medications which you may be using, especially these: magnesium salicylates, choline magnesium, and probenecid. These drugs may interact with Norfloxacin. However, this is incomplete information as mentioning all the details here are out of scope for this guide. There may be other medications. Never start a new medication with consulting a doctor.
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine