Nucoxia 120 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Etoricoxib. It is a non steroidal anti inflammatory which is used mainly in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, gout and osteoarthritis. It is also used in the treatment of toothache, headache, ear pain along with several other problems
Working of the drug:
It works by blocking cyclo-oxygenase-2 (Cox-2) a naturally occurring substance in the body. It also works by increasing the pain threshold and preventing the release of prostaglandins.
The manufacturer of Nucoxia- 120 mg is Abbott Pharmaceticals, India. You can purchase Nucoxia - 120 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strengths:
- Nucoxia - 120 mg
- Nucoxia- 90
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- AR pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Have Blood clotting disorder
- Have Crohn's disease
- Have High blood pressure
- Have History of stroke, History of heart disease
- Have Kidney disease or Liver disease
- Have Stomach ulcers or Ulcerative colitis
- Above the age of 65
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are allergic to any medicines
How much to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken in the prescribed quantity as mentioned by your doctor. The prescribed quantity is usually fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly.
How to take the drug?
The drug needs to be taken exactly as instructed by your doctor. It is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. The medicine is to be taken once daily with or without food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided at any cost as it may lead to several side effects. In case of overdose of the medicine get in touch with your doctor immediately.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Chest tightness
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Skin with a blue or greying colouring
- Severe cough
- Swelling of face, throat or tongue
Get in touch with your doctor in case the above side effects persist for a long period of time or gets serious.
Some serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
- Anal pain or itching
- Change in amount or colour of sputum
- Extreme fatigue
- Dark urine
- Severe sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Painful urination
- Sores in mouth
- Severe stomach pain
- Sinus pain
- Sores that don't heal
In case of serious side effects you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact and affect the working other medicine. Nucoxia Tablet may interact with the following medicines:
It is best to tell your doctor about the current medicines that you are taking so as to avoid any drug interaction. Also it is best to tell him about the medicines you are allergic to. This is not a complete list of medicines that may happen. There may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture. It must also be kept away from the reach of children.
- You must avoid drinking alcohol while taking the medicine.
- Avoid smoking when you are taking the medicine.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to paracetamol.
- If the situation persists after some time you must get in touch with your doctor.