Iotim 0.5% 5 ml
Out Of Stock
Description of the drug:
Lotim 0.5% - 5 ml drug contains Timolol as the main active ingredient. This drug belongs to a category of medicines that blocks the beta-adrenergic receptors. It is prescribed to patients in order to prevent pressure developed in the eye by allowing the efflux of extra fluid from the eyes.
Indications and usage:
Timolol eye drop is very effectively prescribed for the treatment of glaucoma and hypertension that is developed in the eye. This drug is also used for the treatment of other complications associated with glaucoma like blurred vision, loss of vision, itching in the eye, swollen, and bulging out eyes. Timolol can prevent, but cannot completely cure ocular hypertension. This drug can be used along with other medications but under strict supervision of your doctor.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of Timolol for adults is (0.5%) 5 ml twice every day. It will be preferable to take this drug at the same time every day. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 12 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two months, but after taking advice from your doctor.
-Mode of administration:
Timolol is available in the form of an eye drops and can be easily used with the help of dropper.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Timolol is available in the form of an eye drops and is applicable to the following strengths:
- Lotim – 5 ml (0.5%)
You can buy Lotim – 5 ml (0.5%) eye drops online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Timolol is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Breathing problems and asthmatic patients
- Patients with heart disorder and heart blockage
- Anaphylactic and severe cases of hypersensitivity
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Timolol has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. Timolol can cross the placental barrier and result in intra-uterine foetus deaths, immature, and premature births.
- Please consult your doctor before taking Timolol tablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along with Timolol drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Make sure to consult your doctor before giving this medicine to children under the age of 12 years. Timolol can have adverse effect on infants
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be taken by the diabetic patient who is taking this medicine. Make sure to take only the dose that has been prescribed by your doctor. Timolol may cause it a little difficult to control the normal blood sugar levels
- When you buy Lotim 5 ml (0.5%) from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Timolol has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Timolol. Some of them are:
- Catecholamine-depleting drugs like reserpine - can have additional effects like hypotension
- Calcium channel blockers – can have additional effects like hypotension
- Antiarrhythmic drug like disopyramide – can cause bradycardia and heart failure
- Amiodarone - can cause bradycardia and heart failure
- Prostaglandin synthase inhibitors like indomethacin – can decrease the effectiveness of Timolol
- Digitalis - can cause bradycardia and heart failure
Timolol is the main active ingredient present in the drug Lotim 5 ml (0.5%). This drug belongs to the group of beta blockers that inhibits the normal functioning of beta adrenergic receptors. Timolol has the least lipid solubility and lacks the membrane stabilizing property. This drug is used to treat hypertension, ocular glaucoma, and edema.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading multinational pharmaceutical Indian company, Cipla. This Indian based company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes.