Oflox TZ 600 mg /200 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Ofloxacin and Tinidazole combination drug Oflox TZ is an antibiotic-antibacterial drug used to fight various infections. This drug is available under several trade names such as Oflox TZ, among a host of several other brands.
Uses of the drug:
It is used to fight several bacterial infections and is prescribed for the treatment of bronchitis, Pneumonia, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, skin infections, urinary tract infections, and prostate infections. The drug combination is also indicated for Urethritis, cervicitis and other mixed infections of urethra and cervix. Ofloxacin and Tinidazole may also be given for conditions not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
- Ofloxacin is an antibiotic that works to kill the bacterial infection by blocking the bacterial DNA replication procedure.
- Tinidazole is also an azole drug that consists of antiprotozoal, antibacterial and antibiotic properties.
Oflox TZ Tablets (600/200 mg) is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Oflox TZ-600/200 mg Tablets online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablets form in the following strengths on our website:
- Oflox TZ tablets (600/200 mg)
In each tablet the strength of each constituent is:
- Tinidazole :600 mg
- Ofloxacin: 200 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
- Have liver disease
- Have uncorrected Hypokalaemia
- Are below 18 years of age
- Have myasthenia gravis
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney problems
- Have breathing problem
- Have heart rhythm problem
- Have bleeding or blood clotting disorders
- Have stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis
How much to take the drug?
Take Ofloxacin and Tinidazole strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Never alter the dosage by any amount or use it for longer than prescribed period. All medications come with a patient leaflet that contains complete information about the drug. Read it carefully for more details. Always complete the dose. Buy Oflox TZ 600/200 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
How to take the drug?
Take Ofloxacin and Tinidazole with a glass of water (8oz.). It is always better to consume several extra glasses of water or liquids each day while taking this medication. Ofloxacin and Tinidazole may be taken with or without food, but make it a habit to take the medication at the same time every day.
Don't consume dairy items like milk; yogurt or calcium fortified juices while taking Ofloxacin and Tinidazole though you can have them as part of your regular meal and not while taking the medication. The reason is that the dairy items can make the medication less effective.
For how long to take?
Take the drug as long as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
You may experience symptoms like seizure, weakness, urination problems, or blue lips with anemic skin. Seek medical attention in case you find you have used more of this medicine or if you find any kind of discomfort after taking this medicine
Don't miss even a single dose of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole or any medication, especially antibiotics. However, if you miss a dose of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole for any reasons, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Don't take two doses very close to each other to make up for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Taking Ofloxacin and Tinidazole may result in some allergic reactions like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling on face, lips, or tongue. If any of these side effects appears, stop taking this medication immediately and contact your doctor. There are some less serious but commonly experienced side effects of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole like nausea, vomiting, giddiness, dullness; blurred vision; nervousness; anxiety; aggressive behavior; changes in sleep patterns including insomnia or nightmare.
Common drug interactions:
- Some medications with which Ofloxacin and Tinidazole may interact are Tizanidine (Zanaflex), Terbinafine, Erythromycin, blood thinner like Warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); Clozapine(Clozaril, Fazaclo); Cyclosporine; Glyburid; Methotrexate; Metoclopramide; Phenytoin; Probenecid; Ropinirole; Theophylline; Ibuprofen; Dicloefenac;; Meloxicam; or Steroids.
- Don't take it together with Ofloxacin and Tinidazole and let your doctor know if you are using the above mentioned medications. You may use them depending on your doctor's advice.
- The list of drugs above with which Ofloxacin and Tinidazole can interact is not complete and there may be other drugs which can interact with it. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medication and before stopping or altering the course of any existing one.
Things to remember:
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight and tanning beds. Ofloxacin and Tinidazole intake can make you prone to sunburn. Remember to wear proper covering clothes and apply appropriate sunscreen with at least 30 SPF on exposed portion when outdoors.
- Avoid doing things which require more attention and alertness while taking Ofloxacin and Tinidazole as it impairs your thinking or reflexes.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- This drug may cause dizziness or blurred vision
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose