Oflox 5 ml
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic drug used to fight various infections. Ofloxacin is available under several trade names such as Oflox (made by allergan), among a host of several other brands.
Uses of the drug:
Ofloxacin opthalmic are antibiotic eye drops that belong to a group of drugs known as fluoroquinolones. This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of bacterial eye infections. Ofloxacin may also be given for conditions not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic that works to kill the bacterial infection by blocking the bacterial dna replication procedure.
Oflox eyedrops (5 ml) is manufactured by Allegan, India. You can buy Oflox-5 ml eyedrops online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eyedrops form in the following strengths on our website:
- Oflox eyedrops (5 ml)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
Tell your doctor if you:
- Some other eye infection
How much to apply the drug?
Apply Ofloxacin strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Never alter the dosage by any amount or use it for longer than prescribed period. All medications come with a patient leaflet that contains complete information about the drug. Read it carefully for more details. Always complete the dose. Buy Oflox 5 ml online from alldaychemist.com.
How to apply the drug?
Apply Ofloxacin eye drops (Ocufolx, Oflox) strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Never alter the dosage by any amount or use it for longer than prescribed period. All medications come with a patient leaflet that contains complete information about the drug. Read it carefully for more details.
Applying Ofloxacin eye drops is very simple. Do not wear contact lenses while using this medicine. If you are using other Opthalmic medication, wait at least 10 minutes before administering. Ensure a high level of hygiene while handling eye drops bottle and dropper. Do not touch the tip of the bottle or dropper as there is a high possibility of contamination. Use this medicine regularly as prescribed for best results. Store the eye drops in a cool and dark place.
For how long to use?
Take the drug as long as the doctor prescribes you to do. Do not stop taking the medicine without the doctor’s advice.
Seek medical attention in case you find you have used more of this medicine or if you find any kind of discomfort after taking this medicine.
Don't miss even a single dose of Ofloxacin or any medication, especially antibiotics. However, if you miss a dose of Ofloxacin for any reasons, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Don't take two doses very close to each other to make up for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Ofloxacin eye drops may temporarily cause stinging or burning in your eyes for a couple of minutes at most. Some common side effects include eye discomfort, itching, redness, tearing, eyelid crusting, and feeling as if something is in your eye, blurred vision, a bad taste in your mouth, or sensitivity to light. Stop using this medicine and get medical attention right away if any of these effects persist or deteriorate.
You may notice white crystal in the treated eye after the initial days of using Ofloxacin eye drops, but the condition is harmless and will go away usually in a few weeks. If you notice any serious side effects due to this medicine, get medical attention right away. If you use Ofloxacin eye drops for a long period, you may get a new fungal eye infection. Limit the use of this medicine to the prescribed period.
Common drug interactions:
- Some medications with which Ofloxacin may interact are Tizanidine (Zanaflex), blood thinner like Warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); Clozapine(Clozaril, Fazaclo); Cyclosporine; Glyburid; Methotrexate; Metoclopramide; Phenytoin; Probenecid; Ropinirole; Theophylline; Ibuprofen; Dicloefenac;; Meloxicam; Or Steroids.
- Don't take it together with Ofloxacin and let your doctor know if you are using the above mentioned medications. You may use them depending on your doctor's advice.
- The list of drugs above with which Ofloxacin can interact is not complete and there may be other drugs which can interact with it. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medication and before stopping or altering the course of any existing one.
Things to remember:
- Your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering Ofloxacin eye drops.
- Do not take part in any activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Avoid or limit alcohol consumption while using this medicine
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose