Oncotrex 2.5 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Methotrexate belongs to the class of drugs known as antimetabolites. It is most commonly used to prevent the growth of cells in tumours and various other uses. The main ingredient of the medicine is Methotrexate.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used for the treatment of large variety of cancers such as skin, breast, neck, and lung and head cancer. It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by decreasing the activity of the immunity system and also stops the growth of cells in tumours.
Oncotrex is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Oncotrex 2.5 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
Oncotrex 2.5 mg
Buy Oncotrex 2.5 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding your baby
- Are allergic to the main ingredient Methotrexate or any other ingredient of the drug
- Have bone marrow disorder
- Have a blood cell disorder such as anaemia
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have blood disorder
- Have leukopenia
- Have neoplastic diseases
- Have kidney disease
- Have pneumonia or lung disease
- Have stomach ulcers
- Have folate deficiency
- Are receiving radiation treatments
How much to take the drug?
The dosage will vary from person to person and also will depend on the purpose for which it is being given. The doctor prescribes the medicine and fixes the dose after examining the patient thoroughly. Generally the dose that is administered is:
- Breast cancer: 10-60 mg/m2 often taken with fluorouracil and cyclophosphamide.
- Advanced lymphosarcoma: up to a maximum dose of 30 mg/kg which is to be followed by folinic acid rescue.
- IV- Osteosarcoma: 12-15 g/m2 as infusion which is to be followed by folinic acid
- PO/IV/IM- Psoriasis: 10-25 mg once every week
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Usually a dose of 7.5 mg once a week
- Crohn's disease: 12.5-22.5 mg to be given once a week
- Mycosis fungoides: 2.5-10 mg/day to induce remission
- Oral & IMChoriocarcinoma: 15-30 mg/day for the first five days which is again to be repeated after an interval of at least 1 week for 3-5 course.
- Oral Burkitt's lymphoma- Usually a dose ranging from 10-25 mg/day is given for 4-8 days. It is again to be repeated after 7-10 days.
How to take the drug?
The drug needs to be taken by mouth with the help of glass of water. It can be taken with or without food.
For how long to take it?
The drug needs to be taken for the prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between. It is essential to take the full dose so as to recover well.
Never take more than the dose prescribed by your doctor. Overdose of medicine may lead to several side effects. If there is overdose of medicine then you must get medical help as soon as possible.
If you have missed a dose then you should take the dose as soon as you remember. However do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the side effects of the medicine include:
- Abnormal red blood cell function
- Bleeding may occur in gut
- Black or tarry stools
- Dry cough, shortness of breath
- Blood in the urine
- Flu symptoms
- Rapid weight gain
- Pale skin
- Skin reactions
- Liver problems
- Little or no urinating
This is not a complete list of side effects and there may be other side effects too. You must stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if any of the side effects become severe or persist for some time.
Common drug interactions:
Some medicine if taken along with Methotrexate may lead to drug interactions. It is best to offer a list to your doctor about the medicines that you are taking including herbal medicines and also health supplements if any. The doctor after careful investigation will let you know if there is any possibility of drug interaction. Some of the medicines which may interact with Methotrexate are:
- Aminoglycosides neomycin
This is not the only list of medicines that may interact. There are several others too.
Things to remember:
- The medicine should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture. It should also be kept away from children.
- Never give you medicines to any other people even if they are suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose for which it has been specified and not for any other purpose.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking the medicine
- It is best to avoid exposure to sun when taking the medicine otherwise it may worsen the situation. Wear protective clothes and also apply sun screen lotion when out on sun.