|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|4 Tablet/s||US$ 1.50||US$ 6.00|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 1.50||US$ 42.00|
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 0.89||US$ 50.0040%US$ 84.00|
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 0.85||US$ 71.0044%US$ 126.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Sodium Alendronate. It is mainly used in the treatment of osteoporosis .
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used to prevent or treat osteoporosis that is caused either because of taking steroids on both men and women or caused by menopause. It may also be used to treat Paget’s disease of bone in both men and women.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by changing the process of bone formation and breakdown in the body. It helps in reduction of bone loss at the same time helping more bone mass production which results in preventing bone fractures.
The manufacturer of Osteofos - 35mg is Cipla, India . You can purchase Cipla, India online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Osteofos- 35mg
- Osteofor-70 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have dental problem, low vitamin D, an ulcer or stomach or esophagus problem.
- Have kidney or liver disease.
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are allergic to any other medicine
How much to take the drug?
The medicine will be prescribed after examine you thoroughly. It depends on the age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interactions and so on. Either the patient can be put on a daily dose or a weekly dose depending on the condition of the patient.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken with a glass full of water first thing in the morning in an empty stomach. Remember not to eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes after taking the medicine. Do not take any other medicines too within 30 minutes of consuming the medicine. Do not lie down immediately after taking the medicine.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken exactly for the prescribed period of time as mentioned by your doctor and should not be stopped in between without his consultation. Usually the medicine is taken for long periods ranging from 3 to 5 years.
In case of overdose of medicine you must get medical help as soon as you can. Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it can lead to several side effects such as stomach pain, heartburn, diarrhoea, muscle cramps, nausea, numbness or tingling, seizure, muscle tightness in your face, irritability and so on.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember provided the next dose is not close. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Mild heartburn
- Mild nausea
- Stomach pain
- Mild joint pain
- Swelling in limbs
- Eye pain
If the side effects persist for long then you must visit your doctor as soon as possible.
Some of the serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling on lips, face, throat and tongue
- Pain in chest
- Pain or burning under the ribs or in the back
- Burning pain in upper stomach
- Coughing up blood
- New or deteriorating heartburn
- Body ache
- Extreme bone, joint or muscle pain
- Fly symptoms
- New or unexplained pain in thighs or hip
- Swelling in jaw
It is best to get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible in case of such serious side effects. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There is either side effect as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines that may interact with Sodium Alendronate and hinder its working. Such medicines should be avoided when taking Sodium Alendronate.
It is best to share the medicines that you are taking currently with your doctor so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Some of the medicines which may interact with Sodium Alendronate are:
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines also.
Things to remember:
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture and away from the reach of children.
- Do not consume any other medications especially multi-minerals, multi-vitamins or antacids within 30 minutes of taking Sodium Alendronate tablet as this may result in less absorption of the medicine in the body.
- Do not lie down immediately and sit upright at least 30 minutes after taking the medicine.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose mentioned and not for any other purpose.
- Regular checkups are essential to monitor the progress.