About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Pantoprazole + Domperidone. It is mainly used in treating small intestine ulcer, esophageal mucosal injury, gastric ulcer, along with several other problems.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is used in the treatment, prevention, control and improvement of the following conditions, diseases and symptoms:
- Small intestine ulcer
- Gastric ulcer
It can be used for other purposes also.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by helping in the digestion process and also reducing the amount of acid that is produces in the stomach.
The manufacturer of Pantocid DSR - 40 mg + 30 mg is Cipla, India. You can purchase Pantocid DSR - 40 mg + 30 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Pantocid DSR - 40 mg + 30 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- If you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant.
- Are breast feeding your baby.
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are allergic to any other medicines
- Are above the age of 60
- Have abnormal salt levels in the body
- If you have vitamin B12 deficiency and liver disease
- Have Clostridium difficult bacteria related colitis, broken bone, Atrophic gastritis, Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- Are suffering from any ailments
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of the medicine will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. The dose of the medicine manly depends on age, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on.
How to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken exactly as instructed by your doctor. It is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it may result in several side effects. In case of overdose get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- GI disturbances
- Hot flushes
- Menstrual irregularities
In case the side effects persist you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain drugs which may interact with Pantoprazole + Domperidone and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Hence it is best to tell your doctor about the list of medicines that you are taking currently and also the medicines that you are allergic to so that chances of drug interaction is not there. List of some medicines that may interact are:
- HIV/AIDS medications
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- It may lead to hypertensive crisis in patients with phaeochromocytoma
- It may cause increase in prolactin levels resulting in galactorrhea in females
|US Brand Name||Pantocid DSR|
|Strength||40 mg + 30 mg|
|Generic Name||Pantoprazole + Domperidone|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.