Pilomax 5 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug
Pilocarpine which is the active constituent of Pilomax, acts on the nervous system. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of increased pressure in the eyes and dry mouth following cancer radiotherapy of the head or neck along with various other problems. It is used in causing dilation of the pupil of the eye to treat glaucoma. It is available in tablet form. Sun Pharma is the manufacturer of Pilomax Tablet. Detailed information including uses, working, dosage, side effects and common drug interactions are as follows:
Uses of the drug
The uses of this drug include the treatment of symptoms of dry mouth caused due to Sjogren's syndrome (a certain immune diseases) or due to damage to the salivary glands induced by radiation treatments of cancer of the head/neck.
Working of the drug
Pilocarpine falls into the class of drugs known as cholinergic agonists. It’s mode of action is based on increased secretion of saliva from the salivary glands, which helps in relieving dry mouth.
Pilomax is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a renowned pharmaceutical guild. It is available on our website and you can Pilomax online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strength
Pilomax is available in the strength combination of 5 mg containing an active constituent Pilocarpine in it. To buy Pilomax 5 mg online, you can visit our site alldaychemist.com where you’ll get medicines at the best deal.
Before taking the drug
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions before taking this medication:
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or are planning to become pregnant
- If you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, dietary supplement, or herbal preparation
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- If you have a detached retina or an eye infection
- If you have kidney or liver disease, heart disease, asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or gall bladder problems
- If you have a mental disorder
How much to take the drug?
Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually 3-4 times daily, or as directed by your doctor.
How to take the drug?
Pilocarpine comes as a tablet to take by mouth. You can take Pilocarpine three times a day for treating dry mouth caused by radiotherapy used for the treatment of head and neck cancer. For treating dry mouth caused due to Sjogren's syndrome, it is usually taken four times a day.
For how long to take it?
Take pilocarpine exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Side effects of the drug
Pilocarpine may cause side effects. Seek medical care if any of these side effects are intense or refuse to go away:
- Runny nose
- Frequent urination
- Swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Stomach pain
Some side effects can be serious and need immediate medical attention. They include:
- Changes in vision
- Fast or slow heartbeat
Pilocarpine may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
Common drug interactions
- This drug may have an interaction with beta blockers (such as metoprolol, propranolol).
- Pilocarpine may cause an interaction with drugs that induce "drying" effects (such as antihistamines, anticholinergics).
- Other drugs that may interact with this drug to worsen dry mouth include chlorpheniramine, ipratropium, diphenhydramine, belladonna alkaloids, atropine, benztropine, and tolterodine.
Things to remember:
- Pilocarpine may make you dizzy and cause vision problems, especially at night. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision, especially at night, until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- If Pilocarpine makes you sweat heavily, drink plenty of fluids so that you do not become dehydrated. If you are unable to drink enough fluids, talk with your doctor right away.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.