Proluton Depot 250 mg/1ml
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Hydroxyprogestrone Caproate|
About the drug:
The combination drug preparation containing Salmeterol Xinafoate and fluticasone propionate is an effective medication that provides symptomatic relief and prevents Asthma, Chronic bronchitis and chronic disorders of pulmonary glands.
Uses of the drug:
This drug is used for controlling and preventing the symptoms caused by asthma like wheezing and shortness of breath. Fluticasone is a corticosteroid while Salmeterol is a long acting beta antagonist. It prevents the asthma attack for asthma sufferers and decreases the inflammation in the lungs by releasing the chemicals that opens up the constricted tubes. This Diskus is a preventive medicine, and is not effective when asthma attack has already begun.
Working of the drug:
It contains active ingredient Salbutamol in it, which has a relaxing effect on the constricted bronchioles. It is a short acting beta receptor agonist and exerts bronchodilator effects. It stimulates the beta 2 receptors and relaxes the smooth muscles of all airways from the trachea to the terminal bronchioles. Along with this, it also stops the production of inflammatory cell mediators that causes constriction. It also increases self clearing mechanism of the bronchi. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and facilitates the smooth breathing. While on the other hand the other combination ingredient works by reducing swelling and irritation of the airways.
Seretide Diskus is manufactured by GSK, India, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in various pack sizes mentioned on our site. To buy Seretide Diskus online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The combination drug of Salmeterol and fluticasone is available the form of Diskus in the following strength combination:
- Seretide Diskus 50/100 mcg
- Seretide Diskus 50/250 mcg
- Seretide Diskus 50/500 mcg
- You can buy Seretide Diskus 50/100mcg online from alldaychemist.com.
Before taking this drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding mother
- Have cardiovascular diseases like Hypertension in pregnancy and Myocardial insufficiency
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Suffer from paradoxical breathing (sudden narrowing of the airways)
- Have epilepsy
- Have diabetes, etc.
How much to take the drug?
The dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions. The general dose prescribed is: One inhalation twice a day for both adults and children (4 years and older)
The correct and best therapeutic dose is decided by the doctor after assessing the severity of the condition. Always take the medicine after consulting with your doctor
How to take the drug?
The directions to use the device (Diskus) are as follows:
- Hold the Diskus near your mouth
- Push the thumb grip away, until a click is heard
- Hold the mouthpiece of Diskus towards your mouth
- Slide lever away until it clicks
- Breathe out away from the device
- Suck steadily and deeply from the mouthpiece
- Remove the Diskus and hold-on the breath for ten seconds
- Breathe out slowly and remove it
- Wait for thirty seconds before repeating the process again
It would be best for you to take medicine at the same time each day. It also lowers the chances of missing a dose.
You should take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this will reduce the chances of a missed dose. Generally, one or two puffs from your Diskus are effective in relieving you from the symptoms. Never take a dose more or less than the prescribed one.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking the drug or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. Keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
In case of overdose, even if you do not feel any discomfort, call your doctor or visit the nearest health care center immediately. Take medical help as soon as possible.
Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects; Diskus is the one which has some mild and severe side effects also. It is not necessary that you will experience all of them. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Mild tremors
- Fever, pale skin, rashes
- Nose bleeding
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Your doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Diskus. Some of the drugs which interact with Diskus are as follows:
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Beta blockers like Atenolol
- Azole antifungal such as ketoconazole
Things to remember:
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- Avoid interactions with people who have infectious diseases like flu, measles and chicken pox.
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Don’t load the capsule until you are ready to take a dose
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so be cautious while driving
- Avoid alcohol consumption