Rivamer 3 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Rivastigmine is a medication for Alzheimer’s Disease which helps in improving the function of the nerve cells in the brain. It is a parsympathomimetic agent used for the treatment of mild to moderate Alzheimer related dementia.
Uses of the drug:
Rivastigmine is prescribed mainly for people with mild to moderate dementia induced by Alzheimer’s disease. It helps the brain to improve its functions and abilities to think, communicate and remember.
Rivastigmine may also be given for treatments other than those listed above.
Working of the drug:
It functions by preventing the breakdown of an organic neurotransmitter chemical called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is crucial for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning. The level of this chemical is usually lower than normal in people with dementia
Rivamer is manufactured by Sun Pharma. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Rivamer 3 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of capsule under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Rivamer 3 mg
- Rivamer 4.5 mg
Buy Rivamer 3 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient Rivastigmine or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have a diabetes history
- Have a seizure disorder
- Have heart rhythm problems (arrhythmia)
- Have the condition of vertigo or very fast heart beat
- Have high blood pressure
- Have a history of epilepsy
How much to take the drug?
Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor. The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine and the condition of the patient. Do not use more of it and do not use it more often than your doctor ordered.
How to take the drug?
- If you are taking the capsules, then you can just swallow the capsules with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the capsule. Do not try to dissolve the capsules, take it as full.
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking the capsules or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
If you miss a dose of Rivastigmine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be dangerous.
Side effects of the drug:
You may witness or experience some side effects while taking Rivastigmine. Some of the side effects due to Rivastigmine are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, appetite loss, or weight loss. Seek emergency medical attention if any of these effects persist for a longer period or deteriorate further.
Any serious side effect is rare but get in touch with your doctor immediately if you have any of these serious side effects of Rivastigmine: fainting, unusually slow heartbeat, difficulty while urinating, seizures, black or bloody stools, bloody vomit that looks like coffee grounds, stomach pain/abdominal pain, or irregular heartbeat
These are not the only side effects of Rivastigmine medication. There may be others. Contact your doctor right away if you experience any serious side effects or if your condition worsens after taking Rivastigmine.
Common drug interactions:
Some drugs can interact with Rivastigmine. Let your doctor know in advance if you are already using any of these interacting drugs: atropine, belladonna, scopolamine, inium, dicyclomine, glycopyrrolate, hyoscyamine, mepenzolate, methantheline, methscopolamine, propantheline, or scopolamine.
The list of drugs mentioned here in this guide is not a complete one and there may be other interacting drugs. Share the list of all present medications which you may be using with your doctor. Never start a new medication on your own.
Things to remember:
- Drinking alcohol while on a Rivastigmine treatment may result in nausea, fast heartbeats, flushing, thirst, chest pain, vertigo, or low blood pressure.
- Avoid taking Rivastigmine for at least 12 hours after consuming alcohol. Even after you have stopped taking Rivastigmine for several weeks, you may still see its effects if you drink alcohol
- Rivastigmine may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving
- If you are scheduled for a surgery, you may be required to suspend taking Rivastigmine for a short period. Notify your surgeon well in advance that you are taking this medication