Sebifin Cream 1% (15gm)
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Terbinafine HCl|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Medisales Pvt Ltd.|
About the drug
Terbinafine HCl is an antifungal medicine. This medicine was developed by the scientists in Novartis. It is first generation antifungal medication that is hydrophobic in nature and accumulates in the toenails, hair skin and nails and tissues.
Uses of the drug:
Terbinafine HCl is an antifungal medicine. It is used for the treatment of certain types of fungal infections, mainly in fingernails or toenails. It is prescribed for:
Ring worm, etc.
Working of the drug:
Terbinafine inhibits and interferes with the growth of Cytoplasmic membrane of fungal cell. It is believed to cause the deficiency of Ergosterol that is required for the development of fungal cell
Sebifin 10 gm cream is manufactured by Ranbaxy, India. You can buy Sebifin 10 gm online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the cream form in the following strength on our website:
- Sebifin cream 10 gm
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
Are pregnant and if you are not then use all the methods to prevent pregnancy.
Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
Have serious liver problem
Have blood pressure or kidney problems
Have serious heart complaints
How much to use the drug?
The dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. The usual dose is one 10 gm cream once/ twice in a day, depending upon the condition of the patient.
How to use the drug?
Use Terbinafine HCl antifungal medication strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises
you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
Before and after applying Terbinafine HCl cream, wash your hands properly, unless you are using it to treat a fingernail infection. Clean and dry the affected area. Apply a small amount of cream to the affected area as directed. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation. Always store Terbinafine HCl in a cool and dry place. Take the tablet form of Terbinafine HCl as directed by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
If you feel any frightening symptoms, then immediately call the doctor and inform him about the possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare
center or call the emergency helpline number.
you miss a dose of Terbinafine HCl, take it as soon as you remember it. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
- Some common side effects of Terbinafine HCl topical cream are burning, redness, itching, or irritation. If any of these side effects persist or deteriorate, get medical help right away.
- A serious side effect due to Terbinafine HCL is rare, but gets medical attention right away in case you get serious side effect to this medicine. The side effects mentioned above are not the only ones that you may experience or witness due to Terbinafine HCl. If you get any serious side effects due to this medication, contact your doctor right away.
Common drug interactions:
- Many other drugs can interact with Terbinafine. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any of the following drugs: a blood thinner like Warfarin or clopidogrel, Alfentanil, Cyclophosphamide,
- Cyclosporine Methadone Pimozide Prednisone Saquinavir, Sirolimus, Tacrolimus, Theophylline, Voriconazole, Antidepressants, Cancer medicines, cholesterol lowering medicines, heart or blood pressure
- medicines, nsaids, oral Diabetes Medicines, Rifabutin, Sedative Drugs, or seizure medicines.
- However, these are not the only medicines that can interact with Terbinafine. There may be others as well. Inform your doctor about all other medicines and related products which you may be using.
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first.
Things to remember:
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first
- Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.