Seroflo Autohaler 25 mcg 250 mcg (200 mdi)
Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Advair Autohaler|
|Generic Name||Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate|
The combination drug preparation containing Salmeterol Xinafoate and fluticasone propionate is an effective medication that provides symptomatic relief and prevents Asthma, Chronic bronchitis and chronic disorders of pulmonary glands. This drug is used for controlling and preventing the symptoms caused by asthma like wheezing and shortness of breath. Fluticasone is a corticosteroid while Salmeterol is a long acting beta antagonist. It prevents the asthma attack for asthma sufferers and decreases the inflammation in the lungs by releasing the chemicals that opens up the constricted tubes. This Inhaler is a preventive medicine and is not effective when asthma attack has already begun.
Understanding the drug:
How it works?
It contains active ingredient Salbutamol in it, which has a relaxing effect on the constricted bronchioles. It is a short acting beta receptor agonist and exerts bronchodilator effects. It stimulates the beta 2 receptors and relaxes the smooth muscles of all airways from the trachea to the terminal bronchioles. Along with this, it also stops the production of inflammatory cell mediators that causes constriction. It also increases self clearing mechanism of bronchi. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and facilitates the smooth breathing. While on the other hand the other combination ingredient works by reducing swelling and irritation of the airways.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in it
- Have cardiovascular diseases like Hypertension in pregnancy and Myocardial insufficiency
- Suffer from paradoxical breathing (sudden narrowing of airways)
- Have epilepsy
- Have diabetes
How much to take?
The dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
What are the strengths available?
The combination drug of Salmeterol and fluticasone is available in following strength combination:
- Seroflo inhaler 25mcg +250 mcg
- Seroflo inhaler 25 mcg and 125 mcg
- Seroflo Autohaler 25 mcg+250 mcg
- Seroflo Autohaler 25 mcg+125 mcg
- Seroflo Multihaler 50mcg +100 mcg
- Seroflo Multihaler 50mcg +250 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Seroflo Inhalers and Multihaler are manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in various pack sizes mentioned on our site.
How to take?
Do not swallow Inhalers. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Place the inhaler in and upright position and shake well
- Now empty your lungs by exhaling the air completely out of the lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Now breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating the steps as mentioned above
When to take?
You should take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this will reduce the chances of a missed dose. Generally, one or two puffs from your inhaler are effective in relieving you from the symptoms. Never take a dose more or less than the prescribed one.
For how long should it be taken?
Do not stop taking the drug or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. Keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
In case of overdose, even if you do not feel any discomfort, call your doctor or visit the nearest health care center immediately. Take medical help as soon as possible.
What if you miss the dose?
Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects; Inhaler is the one which has some mild and severe side effects also. It is not necessary that you will experience all of them. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Mild tremors
- Fever, pale skin, rashes
- Nose bleeding
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Inhaler. Some of the drugs which interact with Inhaler are as follows:
- Sympathomimetics drugs
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Beta blockers like Atenolol
- Azole antifungal such as ketoconazole
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- Avoid interactions with people who have infectious diseases like flu, measles and chicken pox.
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Don’t load the capsule until you are ready to take a dose
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so be cautious while driving
- Avoid alcohol consumption