Shaltop A Solution 50 ml
Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Shaltop-A Solution|
|Manufacturer||Shalaks Pharmaceuticals, India|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Minoxidil, Tretinoin and Azelaic Acid. It is used in the treatment of male pattern baldness and certain types of alopecia.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used for treating male pattern baldness and certain types of alopecia. It helps in reduction of hair loss and in certain cases aid hair re-growth also.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the effect of the hormone DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is responsible for hair loss.
The manufacturer of Shaltop-A Solution - 50 ml is Lupin, India. You can purchase Shaltop-A Solution - 50 ml online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the solution form in the following strength:
- Shaltop-A Solution - 50 ml
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to use the drug?
The recommended dose of the medicine will depend on several factors such as age, weight, drug allergies, sex, and seriousness of condition, drug interaction, and response to treatment and so on. Remember to follow your doctor's advice for best results.
How to use the drug?
Use the medicine exactly as per instruction of your doctor. Apply the medicine directly to the affected areas and gently massage. The affected area should not be covered until the solution has air dried. Wash your hands before and after application of the medicine.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
An overdose of the medicine is unlikely. However, if there is any case of overdose you must get medical attention as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Redness of the scalp
If any of the above side effects persist for long then you must get emergency medical helps as soon as you can. This is nor a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are few drugs which may interact with Minoxidil, Tretinoin and Azelaic Acid and may increase or decreaes the working of the medicines. Sometime because of drug interaction several side effects can also happen. It is best to tell your doctor about the various medicines that you are taking currently so that he can check for possible drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- The medicine may increase your scalp's sensitivity to UV rays and sunlight. Hence it is advisable to avoid going out in the sun and if you must then wear protective clothing and sun screen too.