|Manufacturer||Hetero Labs Ltd|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.30||US$ 39.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.22||US$ 73.008%US$ 79.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.14||US$ 103.0013%US$ 118.50|
About the drug:
Solifenacin, the active component of the medicine, belongs to the category of drugs known as anticholinergics. It is useful in reducing the activity of an overactive bladder. It improves your ability to control urination by relaxing the bladder muscles. The medicine effectively treat the symptoms of an overactive bladder, such as urinary urgency, frequency, or urge incontinence.
Uses of the drug:
Solifenacin is made for adults to treat the following symptoms caused by overactive bladder:
- Urinary frequency- need to urinate more often than usual
- Urinary urgency- a strong need to urinate
- Urge incontinence- a strong need to pass urine with leaking accidents
Working of the drug:
Solifenacin is a muscarinic receptor antagonist, which antagonizes bladder smooth muscle contraction thereby, decreasing symptoms of overactive bladder.
Soliten 5 mg is manufactured by the pharmaceutical giant, Ranbaxy, which is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company incorporated in 1961. You can buy Soliten 5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Solifenacin is available in the form of a tablet in the following strengths:
- Soliten 5 mg
- Soliten 10 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Have an eye disorder called uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients of the medicine
- Have urinary retention (a condition in which a person is not able to empty his bladder)
- Have gastric retention
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver diseases
- Have kidney disorders
- Have heart related problems
- Have gastrointestinal problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- Are a nursing mother
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose of Solifenacin is 5 mg daily unless your doctor told you to take 10 mg daily. You should take one Solfenacin tablet a day. Always consult a doctor before starting the treatment with any medicine.
How to take the drug?
You can take Soliten before or after consuming food. You should take the tablet with water and swallow it whole. You are not supposed to crush the tablets.
For how long to take it?
Solifenacin should be taken for as long as your doctor has prescribed you.
If you accidentally take too many Soliten 5 mg tablets, immediately call your doctor or visit a nearest emergency room.
If you have mistakenly missed a dose of Solifenacin, start taking it the next day. Never take two doses on the same day.
Side effects of the drug:
Solifenacin cause various serious side effects:
Stop taking the medicine and get a medical help if you have any of the following serious allergic reactions:
- Severe itching
- Skin rash
- Breathing problems
- Swelling of your face, mouth, or tongue
The most common side effects include:
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Urinary tract infection
You should immediately inform your doctor if any of the above troubles you.
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following drugs:
- Medicines to treat tuberculosis
- Other anticholinergic drugs
- Medicines that make the digestive system work faster
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections
- Medicines to treat esophagitis
- Medicines to treat other bacterial infections
Always remember if you are taking any other medicines, ask your doctor if any of your medicine comes under any of the above mentioned groups.
Things to remember:
- The medicine should not be given to children and adolescents under 18 years of age
- Soliten may cause vision problems and sometimes tiredness. If you experience any of these adverse events, do not drive or indulge in a task that needs mental attention
- Solifenacin tablets contain lactose so, if you have intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine