About the drug:
This drug belongs to a group of medicines called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NTRIs). Stavudine is a drug that prevents the HIV virus from reproducing in the body. It is approved by USFDA for the treatment of HIV/Herpes.
Uses of the drug:
Stavudine is an antiviral drug that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) virus from multiplying in the body. This medication is used in the treatment of HIV/AIDS. Stavudine will however, not cure the body of HIV.
Working of the drug:
Stavudine belongs to a group of drugs called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NTRIs). It works by blocking the functioning of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. This enzyme is required for replication mechanism of HIV and thus, the drug reduces the amount of infectious virus in the body.
Stavir 30 mg tablet is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Stavudine30 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength on our website:
- Stavir tablets 30 mg
- Stavir tablets 40 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to Stavudine or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Have haemophillia
- Are already taking any other HIV drug in combination therapy
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and take all the medicine for HIV prescribed by the doctor, to prevent the spread of HIV to the unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding. You should stop breastfeeding if you are infected with HIV
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have bone marrow suppression
- If you are using hormonal birth control methods, like pills
How much to take the drug?
The Stavudine dosage may depend on different factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. The usual dose is one 30 mg tablet once in a day.
How to take the drug?
- Swallow the tablet with glass full of water. Do not break or crush the tablet. Take the medicine with or without food, or ask your doctor in case of any confusion. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs.
- Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor in combination with other HIV drugs. The drug comes with a warning card that lists the symptoms of allergic reactions. You can buy Stavir 30 online at alldaychemist.com.
- Taking the tablet at the same time each day will help you to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the tablet until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls the multiplication of HIV but does not cure the problem. Take the drug as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
In case of any discomfort, immediately call the doctor and inform him about the possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare center or call the emergency helpline number.
In case of miss dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor if you feel any of the following side effects while taking this drug, even if you have had them before:
- Joint pain
- High blood sugar levels
- Increase in bleeding ( in people with Haemophillia)
- Fat gain or loss
- Unexplained weight loss
Symptoms of lactic acidosis like muscle pain/weakness
- Skin rashes, hives and itching
- Vision changes, etc.
- Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Ask your doctor about the complete list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and can worsen the situation. Your doctor is fully aware of the drugs to be avoided. Also inform your doctor about the herbal or OTC medicine that you are taking or you have been taking. Never start a new medicine without the information of doctor.
Things to remember:
- Take necessary precautions to avoid getting infected, such as not being near sick people
- Avoid activities that can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first
|US Brand Name||Zerit|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Write a Review