Tenvir - 300mg Tablets
US$ 1.70Regular Price
|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.76||US$ 52.8622%US$ 67.55|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.73||US$ 103.7523%US$ 135.10|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.70||US$ 152.6625%US$ 202.65|
About the drug:
Tenofovir belongs to a group of drugs called antiretroviral drugs. Tenofovir disoproxil is an active prodrug of Tenvir used due to its better absorption in stomach. This drug comes in the list of WHO’s most essential drugs.
Uses of the drug:
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug that treats the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. It is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. Tenofovir is sold under various trade names.
Working of the drug:
Tenofovir is a defective adenosine nucleotide drug that works by blocking the enzyme called reverse transcriptase. It also weekly interferes with all other enzymes like mitochondrial RNA polymerases. This enzyme is an essential part of replication mechanism of HIV and thus, the drug reduces the amount of infectious virus in the body.
Tenvir 300 mg tablet is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Tenofovir 300 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength on our website:
- Tenvir tablets 300 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Are taking any other HIV combination drugs
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and take all the medicine for HIV prescribed by the doctor, to prevent the spread of HIV to the unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding. You should stop breastfeeding if you are infected with HIV
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have bone marrow suppression
- have kidney problems
How much to take the drug?
The usual dose is one 300 mg tablet once in a day, although the dose strength will depend upon the condition of the patient. The dosage may depend upon various range of factors like age, sex, drug
allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. The dosage is determined by the doctor after examining you properly.
How to take the drug?
- Take Tenofovir HIV medication strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
- Take Tenofovir with or without food, or as directed by your doctor. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor. Store this medication in a cool and dry place.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls the reproduction of HIV but it does not cure it. Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
In case of an overdose of Tenofovir, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
If you miss a dose of Tenofovir, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to
excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Inform you doctor right away if you get any of the following side effects while taking this drug, even if you have had them before:
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis like muscle pain/weakness
- High blood sugar levels
- Increase in bleeding ( in people with Haemophillia)
- Fat gain or loss
- Unexplained weight loss
- Joint pain
- Vision changes
- Skin rashes, hives and itching
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and can worsen the situation. Your doctor is fully aware of the drugs to be
avoided. Also tell him about the herbal or OTC medicine that you are taking or you have been taking. Never start a new medicine without the information of doctor.
Things to remember:
- Chances of spreading the HIV will still remain the same through unprotected sex, infected razors, needles or toothbrush. Hence, avoid these activities and things
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first