Terol LA 4mg
|Generic For||Detrol LA|
|Generic Name||Tolterodine Tartrate|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.87||US$ 26.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.78||US$ 46.5011%US$ 52.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.71||US$ 64.0018%US$ 78.00|
About the drug:
Tolterodine Tartrate belongs to the class of medicine antimuscarinics. The active ingredient of the drug is Tolterodine Tartrate. It is a medicine that relieves spasms of the bladder muscles.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is prescribed for treating overactive bladder with symptoms of urgency, urinary incontinence and frequency. It is also used in children above 5 year of age for the treatment of bedwetting that is caused by overactive bladder.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by relaxing the bladder muscles.
The manufacturer of Terol LA - 4mg is Zydus Alidac, India. You can buy Terol LA - 4mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Terol LA - 4mg
- Rerol 1 mg
- Terol 2 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredients of the drug.
- Have a blockage of the stomach, urinary tract or intestines.
- Have uncontrolled or untreated narrow-angle glaucoma
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have personal or family history of ‘Long QT syndrome’, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis.
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are taking any other medicines so that he can check for possible drug interaction
- Are suffering from any other medical conditions
How much to take the drug?
The dosage will be fixed by your doctor after taking into consideration several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and other factors. Usually the recommended dose is 2 mg twice daily or 4 mg once daily.
How to take the drug?
The drug is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It should be taken as a whole and not crushed. It is best to take the medicine after taking some food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine should be taken for the prescribed period of time as fixed by your doctor.
Call your doctor or get medical attention as soon as possible if there is an overdose of Tolterodine Tartrate. Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it may lead to several side effects such as fast heartbeat, blurred vision and dry mouth.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember provided the next dose is not near. In case the next dose is near then you should skip the missed dose and continue with the original schedule. Be careful not to take two doses at a time to compensate for the missed dose as it may prove to be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Stop taking the medicine if you experience any of the below side effects:
- Chest pain
- Fast or irregular heart rate
- Pain while urinating
- Less or no urination
Some less serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Stomach pain or upset
The above side effect usually goes away after sometime. However, if such side effect persists for long then you must visit your doctor again. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which if taken with Tolterodine Tartrate may result in drug interaction. When drug interaction happens it may increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Some of the medicines which should be avoided when taking Tolterodine Tartrate so that drug interaction does not happen are:
- Anti-arrrhythmic drugs like quinidine and amiodarone
- Azole antifungals like ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- Antiviral drug ritonavir
- Anticholinergics like atropine and scopolamine
- Antidpressant fluoxetine
This is not a complete list of medicines that ay interact. There may be other medicines also. It is best to disclose to your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Also let your doctor know in case you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Taking the medicine can impact your reflexes and thinking. Hence be careful while doing activity that requires lot of alertness such as driving, operating heavy machinery and so on.
- It is best to avoid alcohol when taking the medicines as it may lead to several side effects.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medicine out of the reach of children as well as pets.
- It is best to stay indoors while taking the medicine since it inhibits sweating and this may result in heatstroke.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose mentioned and not for any other purpose.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.