|Generic Name||Clobetasol Propionate|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 6.50||US$ 6.50|
|3 Tube/s||US$ 4.33||US$ 13.0033%US$ 19.50|
|6 Tube/s||US$ 3.42||US$ 20.5047%US$ 39.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Clobetasol Propionate. It is used in the treatment of various types of skin conditions.
Uses of the drug:
This medicine is mainly used in the treatment of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and also allergies. The medicine may be used for some other purpose not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing itching, swelling, and redness associated with these types of conditions.
The manufacturer of Topinate 0.05% - 30 gm is Cipla, India. You can purchase Topinate 0.05%- 30 gm online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in cream form in the following strength:
- Topinate 0.05% - 30 gm
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have poor immunity system or poor blood circulation problems
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are taking any other medicine
How much to use the drug?
The medicine is to be applied in the prescribed quantity as recommended by your doctor in the affected region. The medicine is prescribed after examining you thoroughly. The medicine is recommended after taking into consideration several factors such as age, sex, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on.
How to use the drug?
Before applying the medicine wash and dry the affected area. After that apply a thin layer of the medicine and rub gently. Do not cover the area where the medicine has been applied.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
In case of overdoes of the medicine you must get in touch with medical professional as soon as you can as it may result in side effects.
In case of missed dose you must use the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Using the medicine at the same time each day will ensure that no dose is missed.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Itching of the skin
- Burning of the skin
- Irritation of the skin
- Dryness of the skin
Such side effects will disappear after initial few days. In case the side effects persist or become serious get in touch with medical professional as soon as possible.
Some of the serious side effects that may happen after the ointment is applied are:
- Skin thinning or discoloration
- Stretch marks
- Swelling or irritation in the skin
- Weight loss
- Extreme tiredness
- Swelling ankles or feet
- Increase thirst or urination
- Vision problems
In case of the serious side effects you must get in touch with your doctor on an emergency basis. The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which if taken together with Clobetasol Propionate may result in drug interaction and may increase or decrease the working of the medicine. You must tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so as to avoid any drug interaction. Also the medicines that you are allergic to should also be mentioned to him.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not swallow the medicine
- In case the infection is near eye see to it that the medicine does not get into eye as it may cause or worsen glaucoma.
- Do not apply the medicine on areas of skin having sores or infection on them.
- If the medicine is used in children then he or she should be monitored closely on a regular basis as steroidal medication are known to slow down child’s growth.
- Using the medicine for long period of time and also in large skin areas can make it hard for the body to withstand physical stress. This matter is very important especially in case of emergency or in case of injury or serious illness.
- Follow your doctors direction on dosage of the medicine and never use more or less then the prescribed dose of the medicine.