Tropicacyl Eye drop of 3 ml
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sunways India Pvt. Ltd, India|
Description of the drug:
Tropicamide drug is also known as Phenylephrine. Tropicamide is the main active ingredient present in the drug Tropicacyl 3 ml drug. This drug is a combination of two components namely mydriatic and cyclopelagic medication. Tropicamide is functionally very effective in blocking the contraction of circular muscle and also interfering with the working of ciliary muscles.
Indications and usage:
This drug has various diagnostic and therapeutic medical usage like for the treatment of inflammation in the eye, retinal defects, slit lamp testing, surgery involving the iris examination, cataract operation, retinal detachment operation, and dilation ofpupil before the surgery. This drug can be used along with other medications but under strict supervision of your doctor.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of Travoprost for adults is 3 to 4 drops from 3 ml bottle 15 to 20 minutes before the operation. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 12 years of age. The dose should be adjusted with the strict consultation of your doctor and the operating surgeon.
-Mode of administration:
Tropicamide is available in the form of an eye drop and can be easily used with the help of a dropper.
This drug is a very important to be used before you can be operated. It acts by dilating the pupil and thus, very effective for cataract and other ophthalmic procedures. So, in no circumstances you are advisable to miss the dose.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Tropicamide is available in the form of an eye drops and is applicable to the following strengths:
- Tropicacyl- 3 ml
You can buy Tropicacyl 3 ml eye drop online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Tropicamide is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Narrow angle glaucoma
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Tropicamide has been reported to cause severe allergic reactions in some cases
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. Travoprost can cross the placental barrier and result in intra-uterine foetus deaths, immature, and premature births.
- Please consult your doctor before taking Tropicamide drug along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along with Tropicamide drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Make sure to consult your doctor before giving this medicine to children under the age of 12 years. Tropicamide can have adverse effect on infants
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be taken by the diabetic patient who is taking this medicine. Make sure to take only the dose that has been prescribed by your doctor. Tropicamide may cause it a little difficult to control the normal blood sugar levels
- When you buy Tropicacyl 3 ml eye drop from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com make sure to prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Tropicamide has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Tropicamide. Some of them are:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like linezolid, methylene blue, procarbazine, selegiline
- Antihistamines like meclizine
- Dicyclomine and other antispasmodics
- Antiarrhythmic medication like quinidine
- Drugs to treat Parkinson’s
- Antidepressants like amitriptyline
Tropicamide is the main active ingredient present in the drug Tropicacyl 3 ml eye drop. This drug inhibits the chemical messenger acetylcholine and thus results in relaxation of iris sphincter muscles and ultimately the pupil gets dilated.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading transnational pharmaceutical company, Pfizer Laboratories Inc. This company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes