Voveran Gel 1% (21gm)
|Generic For||Voltaren Gel|
|Generic Name||Diclofenac Gel BP|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 7.00||US$ 7.00|
|3 Tube/s||US$ 4.67||US$ 14.0033%US$ 21.00|
|5 Tube/s||US$ 3.90||US$ 19.5044%US$ 35.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Diclofenac Gel BP. It is mainly used to treat pain and inflammation in the body.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used to treat joint pain in wrist, hands, elbows, ankles, knees or feet mainly due to osteoarthritis. The medicine can be used for purpose not mentioned above.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing pain and inflammation in the affected area of the body.
The manufacturer of Voveran Gel - 1% (21gm) is Cipla, India . You can purchase Voveran Gel - 1% (21gm) online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength:
- Voveran Gel - 1% (21gm)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have asthma, porphyria, polyps in your nose, bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Are suffering from any heart disease
- Are suffering from kidney or liver disease
- Have high blood pressure
- Have a history of bleeding or stomach ulcers
- Are pregnant, planning to e pregnant or breast feeding your baby
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are taking any other medicine.
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of the medicine varies on a case to case basis and is decided only after the doctor examines you thoroughly. He takes into consideration several factors such as age, sex, severity of condition, drug interaction, response to treatment and so on before deciding on the correct dose that needs to be prescribed.
How to take the drug?
Before application of the medicine wash your hand properly. Spread the gel in all the affected areas of the foot including soles and toes and leave it open for some time. It is to be applied in the same manner in case of hands including palms and fingers and other affected areas of the body.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Getting medical help is essential in case of overdoes of the medicine. Overdoes of the medicine should be avoided as it may lead to side effects.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effect of the medicine includes:
- Black, bloody or tarry stools
- Increased blood pressure
- Vomit or cough that looks like coffee grounds
- Upset stomach
- Stomach pain
This is not the complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well. In case the side effects become serious you must get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain drugs which may interact with Diclofenac Gel BP and affect the working of the medicine. Such medicines should not be taken along with Diclofenac Gel BP as it may lead to side effects. Some of such medicines that may interact are:
- Oral diabetes medications
- Aspirin or other NSAIDs
- Cholesterol-lowering medicine
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well. You can also tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently and the medicines that you are allergic to so as to avoid any drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Avoid medicines that contain NSAIDs when you are taking this medicine.
- Consumption of alcohol should not be done when taking the medicine.
- Do not use the medicine after the prescription period is over.
- Do not apply the medicine on an open skin wound or a skin that is affected by skin rash, burn injury or eczema.
- Never cover the treated skin with bandage or expose it to heat.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.