Xalatan Eye Drops Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml)
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Latanoprost. It is an eye care medicine that reduces the amount of fluid in the eye.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used in the treatment of some type of glaucoma and other causes of high IOP.
Working of the drug:
High intraocular pressure is a major risk factor for glaucoma. The medicine works by reducing the fluid in the eye and which in turn helps in reducing the pressure in the eye as well.
The manufacturer of Xalatan Eye Drops - Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml) is Cooper Pharma, India. You can purchase Xalatan Eye Drops - Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml) online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the eye drop form in the following strength
- Xalatan Eye Drops - Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml)
Before you use this drug:
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have swelling or infection in your eye
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby
- Are allergic to any other medicine
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are facing any other discomfort in the eye.
How much to use the drug?
The dosage of the medicine will be fixed after examining you thoroughly. The dosage of the medicine usually depends on several factors such as severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. The medicine should be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
How to use the drug?
The drug is to be used as per the instruction of your doctor. Do not alter the dosage unless it has been advised by your doctor. Remove your contact lenses before application of the medicine. Also maintain high degree of hygiene while using the medicine as it may lead to contamination.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdoes of the medicine should be avoided as it reduces the effectiveness of the medicine and it may also result in some side effects as well. Overdose of the medicine should be reported to your doctor.
In case of missed dose you must use the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
When the medicine is applied there may be chances that some side effects take place. Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Dropping eyelid
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging in eye
- Dry eyes
- Bitter or unusual taste in your mouth
- Feeling like something is in your eyes
The above side effects will go away after some time . However, in case the side effects persist than you must get medical attention as soon as you can.
Application of the medicine can some time result in some serious side effects as well such as:
- Increase in the growth or thickness of your eyelashes
- Change the colour of your eyes, lashes or eyelids
- Swelling or redness in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye discomfort
- Crusting of your eyes or eye lids
- Signs of infection such as chills, fever, sore throat
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case of serious side effects you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact and affect the working of the medicine. It is best to tell your doctor about the list of medicines that you are taking currently so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Also, do not forget to mention to your doctor in case you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Apply the eye drop only in the prescribed quantity and not more than that as doing so will lower its effectiveness of reducing the eye pressure.
- It is best not to use any other eye drop while applying Latanoprost ophthalmic solution unless it has been advised by your doctor.
- Maintain a gap of at least 10 minutes between applications of two eye drops.