Zidovir 100 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
This medication belongs to a group of HIV medicines called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NTRIs) that prevent the HIV virus from reproducing in the body. It is approved by USFDA for the treatment of HIV.
Uses of the drug:
Zidovudine is an antiviral drug that treats the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV from multiplying in your body. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of HIV which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS in adults and children 4 weeks of age and older.
It is also prescribed for the prevention of transmission of HIV from mother to child. It is given to HIV infected mother during pregnancy and to the infants till 6 weeks of their birth.
Working of the drug:
Zidovudine is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (ntris) drug that works by blocking the enzyme called reverse transcriptase. This enzyme is an essential part of replication mechanism of HIV and thus, the drug reduces the amount of infectious virus in the body.
Zidovir 100 mg capsule is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Zidovudine100 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the capsule form in the following strength on our website:
- Zidovir capsules 100 mg
- Zidovir capsules 300 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Have haemophillia
- Have PKU/phenyketonuria
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and take all the medicine for HIV prescribed by the doctor, to prevent the spread of HIV to the unborn baby.
- Are breastfeeding. You should stop breastfeeding if you are infected with HIV
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have bone marrow suppression
- If you are using hormonal birth control methods, like pills
How much to take the drug?
The dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. The usual dose is one 100 mg capsule once in a day, although the dose strength will depend upon the condition of the patient.
How to take the drug?
Swallow the capsule with glass full of water. Do not split the capsule. Take the medicine with or without food, or ask your doctor in case of any confusion. HIV is usually treated with a combination of drugs.
Always take the prescribed drugs as directed by your doctor in combination with other HIV drugs. The drug comes with a warning card that lists the symptoms of allergic reactions. You can buy Zidovir 100 online at alldaychemist.com.
Taking the capsule at the same time each day will help you to avoid forgetting the dose. This should become a habit for you to take the capsule until the doctor tells you to stop the drug.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls the multiplication of HIV but does not cure the problem. Take the drugs as long as your doctor recommends you to take it.
If you feel any frightening symptoms, then immediately call the doctor and inform him about the possible side effects of over dosage. If the situation worsens then visit the nearest healthcare center or call the emergency helpline number.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Inform you doctor right away if you get any of the following side effects while taking this drug, even if you have had them before:
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis like muscle pain/weakness
- High blood sugar levels
- Increase in bleeding ( in people with Haemophillia)
- Fat gain or loss
- Unexplained weight loss
- Joint pain
- Vision changes
- Skin rashes, hives and itching
- In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Ask your doctor to get the full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and can worsen the situation. Your doctor is fully aware of the drugs to be avoided. Also tell him about the herbal or OTC medicine that you are taking or you have been taking. Never start a new medicine without the information of doctor.
Things to remember:
- You must take necessary precautions to avoid getting infected such as not being near sick people or avoiding activities that increases the risk of bleeding.
- Store this medication in a cool and dry place
- Never start a new medication without consulting your doctor first