Zypsidone 20 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug
Zyprasidone is a dopamine and serotonin antagonist belonging to the category of atypical antipsychotics. It is significantly different in pharmacology from typical Antipsycotics medications. The drug has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of schizophrenia and acute mania in bipolar disorder.
Uses of the drug:
The doctors may prescribe Zyprasidone to treat several conditions:
- Schizophrenia- a serious condition which affects a person’s thinking and feelings
- Bipolar disorder- A kind of mental illness with periods of elevated mood and depression.
- Symptoms associated with autism
- Tourette disorder- A neurological condition characterized by involuntary noises and vocalizations called tics.
Working of the drug
The effects of Zyprasidone are mediated by antagonism of serotonin type II and dopamine type II receptors. It also antagonizes alpha 2 adrenergic receptors, which diminished schizophrenic behavior.
Sun Pharma, India is the manufacturer of the drug Zypsidone. It is one of the biggest and famous pharmaceutical companies in India. Visit alldaychemist.com to buy Zypsidone 20 mg online.
Dosage form and strengths
Zypsidone is supplied in the form of a tablet in the following strengths:
- Zypsidone 20 mg
- Zypsidone 40 mg
- Zypsidone 60 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Have certain heart diseases, for example, irregularities of heart rhythm, a recent heart attack, or long QT syndrome.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or a nursing woman
- Have had any problems with your liver
- Have a low potassium level in your body
- Have problems with dizziness or fainting
- Are allergic to other substances such as food, dyes, or preservatives
How much to take the drug?
The medicine is usually taken twice daily. Your doctor will determine a dose that is right for you based on the condition and response to the treatment.
How to take the drug?
Zyprasidone should be best absorbed if taken with food.
For how long to take it?
Several weeks are often needed for the drug to reach its maximum effectiveness, however your symptoms can improve sooner.
In case of an overdose of Zyprasidone, call your doctor or visit a nearest emergency room right away.
If you forget to take Zyprasidone on time, don’t double the dose to compensate the missed one. The asminstration of the drug is to be held at the scheduled time the next night. If you have any doubt, please ask your doctor.
Side effects of the drug:
Common side effects of Zyprasidone include the following should be discussed with your doctor if they occur:
- Stomach problems
- Abnormal muscle movements
- Increased cough or runny nose
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines as these can affect Zyprasidone pharmacokinetics.
- St. John’s Wort
Keep a list of all the medicines that you use so that you can show your doctor each time when you get a new prescription.
Things to remember:
- Always take your medicine as prescribed by the doctor
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Store this drug at room temperature and away from heat, direct sunlight and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach and sight of pets and children
- Do not freeze this medicine