Asmanex Twisthaler 200 mcg
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Mometasone Furoate|
|Manufacturer||Scheiring plough, Belgium|
About the drug:
Mometasone Furoate is from the class of medicine corticosteroids. It is mainly used to treat asthma. The main ingredient of the medicine is Mometasone Furoate.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is used in treating asthma in people who are above the age of 4.
Working of the drug:
Though the medicine starts to work within 24 hours, to see the full effects one may need to wait for 1 to 2 weeks. The medicine works by reducing the swelling in the airways of the lungs and thereby controls the symptoms of asthma and prevents asthma attacks. The medicine may be used for purpose not mentioned above.
Asmanex Twisthaler is manufactured by Scheiring plough, Belgium. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Asmanex Twisthaler 200 mcg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Asmanex Twisthaler 200 mcg
Buy Asmanex Twisthaler 200 mcg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Have active or inactive lung tuberculosis
- Are allergic to milk or lactose
- Are allergic to Mometasone Furoate or any ingredients of the medicine
- Have herpes simplex infection of the eye
- Have an untreated fungal, bacterial, or viral lung infection
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have thyroid
- Have any other illness
- Are allergic to medicine
How much to take the drug?
For the age group 4-11 the usual recommended dose is 100 µg inhaled orally once daily. For those who are above the age of 12 the recommended dose is 200 µg to 400 µg inhaled orally, once daily in the evening. It is essential to consult your doctor before using the medicine as he will fix the dose after taking into consideration several factors.
How to use the drug?
Inhale the medicine by mouth as per the direction of your doctor usually once or twice a day. Do not breathe out into the inhaler. In case two puffs are prescribed, then you must wait one to two minutes between them. To prevent dryness, yeast infection, irritation in the mouth and throat it is essential to rinse and gargle your mouth after each use.
For how long to use it?
The medicine works best when it is used regularly. You must take the medicine as per the instruction of the doctor and for the prescribed period of time. Also you must not stop using the medicine midway without consultation with your doctor.
In case of overdose of medicine you must get medical attention immediately.
If you missed a dose, use the medicine as soon as you remember. However, it is best to skip the dose if it is near the next dose. Do not double dose to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the side effects of the medicine include:
- Hoarseness or loss of voice
- Nasal congestion
- Red or itchy eyes
- Sore throat or mouth
- Upset stomach
- Throat irritation
- Skin rash
- Swelling of face, lips, or eyelids
- White patches in the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing right after inhaling the medication
- Severe allergic reaction
- Sudden asthma attack
This is not a complete list of side effects of the medicine. There may be other side effects as well. Be sure to get yourself checked by your doctor when you get such side effects so that it does not become severe.
Common drug interactions:
There may be drug interaction between Mometasone Furoate and any of the medicines:
- Acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)
- Amphotericin B
- Diabetes medications
HIV protease inhibitors (e.g., indinavir, ritonavir, atazanavir, saquinavir)
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact with Mometasone Furoate. There may be others too.
Things to remember:
- The medicine is not a “reliever" medication. Hence in case of asthma attack, be sure to use your "reliever" for relief from asthma symptoms
- Prolong use of the medication can lead to several eye problems
- Adequate oral hygiene should be maintained so that chance of infection in the throat or mouth is reduced to a great extents
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture
- The medicine should be used only for the purpose mentioned and not for any other purpose
- The medicine must not be shared with anyone even though the person is suffering from the same symptoms