About eye health
Eyes are a very important and beautiful part of one’s facial features. Your eyes are an essential part of your health. There are many health practises you can follow for good eye health. You may think your vision is fine or that your eyes are healthy, but visiting your eye care professional for a comprehensive dilated eye exam is the only way to be sure. When it comes to common vision problems, some people don’t realize that they could see better with glasses or contact lenses. One should not take the health of eyes for granted as they are the very sensitive organ of our body.
Various eye health issues
Like any other part of our body eye also suffers from various defects and diseases. Some of the problems of the eye may be genetic or some other might be due to any defects, disability of side effects of any other health issue. To name a few major eye health issues are:
• Optic neuritis
• Diabetic eye health issue
• Pink eye etc.
Several issues of eyes are correctable and treatable with proper eye care medicines.
Causes and symptoms of common eye health problems:
Vision loss and problems might be commonly due to many different problems and conditions. The symptoms of the eye problems indicate the difference between the type of eye issue the patient is facing. Here is a list of symptoms and causes of some common eye issues that are faced by people:
1. Presbyopia- the patient faces difficulty in focusing on objects that are close. This problem often becomes noticeable in your early to mid-40s.
2. Cataracts - Cloudiness over the eye lens, causing poor nighttime vision, halos around lights, and sensitivity to glare these are a few common symptoms of cataract. Cataracts are common in the elderly when the eye lenses become cloudy.
3. Glaucoma – the major reason of Glaucoma is increased pressure in the eye, which is most often painless. Vision will be normal at first, but over time you can develop poor night vision, blind spots, and loss of vision to either side.
4. Macular degeneration- Symptoms are a loss of central vision, blurred, distorted vision, and colours that look faded. The most common cause of blindness in people over age 60. Scientists are still studying about the exact causes of this problem.
5. Retinal detachment- Symptoms includes floaters, sparks or flashes of light in your vision, or a sensation of a shade or curtain hanging across part of your visual field. The major cause is the development of tiny breaks in the retina.
6. Optic neuritis- Inflammation of the optic nerve from infection or multiple sclerosis. You may have pain when you move your eye or touch it through the eyelid. The exact cause id still not known.
Complications of the eye problems:
Various eye infections have various eye complications associated with them. These complications may hinder the life functioning. Someone having moderate eye vision may still need some mechanism to enlarge and view the image on the screen. Although with the help of many OTC and prescription drugs along with the option of surgical and laser therapy, people having vision issues can correct their problems. Still some impairment may result in irreversible loss of vision.
Prevention of eye health issues:
Various eye health issues are a result of our dietary and lifestyle pattern while some eye problems occur due to ageing. There are still a few things that you can do to prevent the common eye issue and manage your vision.
• Eat healthy, include sources of Vitamin A, C and E in your daily diet
• Stop smoking if you do as it can help reduce the risk of having age-related macular degeneration
• Whenever you venture out in the sun wear, protect sunglasses or wide brim hats to avoid harmful sunrays
• Go for a routine eye tests
• Prevent injuries by wearing Safety glasses and eye care protective supplies to safe ground your eyes during a sport or working in dangerous conditions
Common eye care medicines:
There are several types of medicines available for the treatment of eye health issues. Here are a few common drugs recommended by experts to use for eye problems:
• Norflox eye drops
• Tropical eye drops
• Azelast eye drops
• Lotepred eye drops
• Eye to eye under eye creams
Our site alldaychemist.com offers a range of eye care products. These option of eye care products are not limited, and you can get a range of eye cream and gels for treating dark circles and age marks near eyes. So buy eye care products online from only alldaychemist.com and get your deals at reasonable prices.
Myths and facts:
There is always some conception associated with a particular health issues. While some might be true but other might be completely a myth. Here are some of the common eye health myths and the facts:
Myth: if you ever cross your eyeballs, they will remain so forever
Fact: it is not true, but if your child is crossing the eye more frequently, then there is a need to take him to doctor
Myth: Wearing glasses too much will make it an irreversible habit
Fact: no, it is not true wearing glasses doesn’t make vision worse, in fact with proper Medical care and food habit changes you could improve your vision
For the diagnosis of a particular eye issue, the doctor does all the necessary tests of the eye. He may observe the symptoms, family history of diseases and medical history of the patient to finalize the eye issue.
Treatment of disease:
There are many eyecare medicines to treat major eye health issues. Commonly used medicines for the eye infections and problems are:
1. Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution
Steps to improve health:
Know your family’s eye health history: Talk to your family members about their eye health history. It’s important to know if anyone has been diagnosed with a disease or condition since many are hereditary.
Including carrots and vegetables in your diet: Carrots are good for eyes. But eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, particularly dark leafy greens such as spinach is important for keeping your eyes healthy too.
Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese increases your risk of developing diabetes and other systemic conditions that can lead to vision loss or glaucoma
Wear protective eyewear: Wear protective eyewear when playing sports. Protective eyewear includes safety glasses and goggles and eye guards specially designed to provide the correct protection for a certain activity.
Be trendy and wear your shades: Sunglasses are a great fashion accessory, but their most important job is to protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. When purchasing sunglasses, look for ones that block out 99 to 100 percent of both UV-A and UV-B radiation
Give your eyes a rest: Spending a lot of time at the computer or focusing on any one thing, you sometimes forget to blink, and your eyes can get fatigued.
Important things to know:
There are a lot of preventive measures that you should take to prevent infects, injuries and deficiency problems to eye.always wear sterilised contact lenses and never share them. You can trust our website for buying various eye care products online, as they are cheaper and reliable products. So, order now your eye care products online from alldaychemist.com.