Amebiasis is a parasitic intestinal infection caused by any of the amoebas of the Entamoeba group. It may be symptomatic or present with abdominal dysentery or diarrhoea. People can get this parasitic infection by eating or drinking something that’s contaminated with it. The parasite that causes amebiasis only lives in humans and can spread through faeces. However, practising good hygiene can stop the spread of this infection. But if an individual suspects they have amebiasis, they should seek medical help because early treatment can improve the symptoms and stop it from spreading to other people. Buy antiamebics online at the best price.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
According to research reports, it is estimated that 9 out of 10 people with amoebiasis do not experience any symptoms. When the parasitic infection does not cause symptoms, it secretly damages an individual’s intestines. These symptoms include diarrhoea, abdominal pain, mucus in stools, and unexplained weight loss. The more common gastrointestinal symptoms gradually develop over 1 to 3 weeks after the infection has initiated. But some people eventually develop complications such as amoebic liver abscesses years after coming into contact with the parasite. Amoebic liver abscesses can cause fever, jaundice, and pain in the right uppermost part of the abdomen.
Rarely, amebiasis can affect the respiratory tract of an infected person leading to collapsed lungs.
Rupturing of amoebic liver abscesses can sometimes lead to conditions such as emphysema and difficult breathing. Amebiasis rarely leads to amoebic brain abscesses. This can cause headaches, vomiting, and changes in mental health.
What are the causes?
The parasite is responsible for causing amebiasis lonely lives in humans. People with parasitic infections can spread it via their faeces. A person may get the parasitic infection by putting in their mouth that has come in contact with the infected faeces. If a person consumes food or water that has touched the parasite, they may also become infected. Poor sanitary conditions is a cause of amebiasis in the USA. The parasitic infection can also spread via oral-anal contact.
How does amebiasis spread?
Amebiasis is a contagious disease. People with amoebiasis in their intestines can pass the infection to others through stools (faeces).
How is it diagnosed?
Examination of faeces under a microscope is a common way to diagnose parasitic infection.
Sometimes, several stool samples must be taken because the number of parasites passed in the faeces, which varies from day to day, may be less identifiable from a single sample.
How can amebiasis be prevented?
• Amoebas may contaminate food and water; therefore, it is important to help prevent the infection by being careful about what you consume. The golden rule to cook food is to boil it, peel it and forget it.
• Rinsing hands after using the toilets and preparing or eating food is necessary.
• People with amoebiasis should avoid sexual contact until the parasitic infection is completely diminished.
• When travelling to other countries, make sure you drink water from sources that you know are safe such as sealed bottled water, carbonated water from sealed cans, boiled tap water.
• It is necessary to be careful of what you eat; avoid eating street foods, fresh fruits, vegetables that you did not peel yourself and raw dairy products.
How is amebiasis treated?
The treatment goal is:
• to cure the invasive disease at both intestinal and extraintestinal site
• to eliminate the passage of cysts from the bowel lumen.
Metronidazole has emerged as the medicine of choice to treat invasive diseases. Other medicines such as tinidazole are equally efficacious. It is best to take medicine exactly as your doctor has told you for the best results. Anti amoebiasis or anti-amoebic medicines are available online at cheap rates to buy them very easily.
• Metronidazole: It is categorized under the class of drugs known as anti-infective agents. The anti-infectives are useful in treating infection caused by susceptible parasite entamoeba histolytica. The medicine may be administered orally with food to help minimize stomach discomfort. The extended-release tablet should be consumed on an empty stomach an hour before or two hours after meals. It should not be crushed. One should not take Metronidazole tablets if you are allergic to it or any other ingredients of the medicine or develop signs of allergic reactions (a rash, breathing problems, swelling of face/lips/tongue/throat). It is important to inform your doctor if you take medicines obtained without a prescription and herbal medicines. This is because Metronidazole can affect the way some other medicines work. Medicines that can affect Metronidazole work especially medicines to stop blood clotting, lithium, disulfiram, fluorouracil, ciclosporin, cimetidine, busulfan, and estrogen contraceptives.
• Tinidazole: The dose for Amebiasis and Amebic liver abscesses may be different; therefore, make sure you take it under a doctor’s supervision. It is advisable to take tinidazole with food to minimize the episodes of discomfort and other gastrointestinal side effects. Alcohol beverages should be avoided while taking this medicine and for three days afterwards.
What are the most common side effects?
Amebiasis is defined as an infection of the intestines with a parasite called Entamoeba histolytica (E. histolytica). It infects people of both sexes and all ages. Amoebiasis may present with no symptoms or mild to severe. Severe complications may include inflammation and perforation, resulting in peritonitis. People who are affected may develop anaemia. If the parasites reach the bloodstream, they can spread through the body and end up in the liver, causing amoebic liver abscesses. Prevention of amoebiasis is by improved sanitation. A stool examination using a microscope helps to diagnose the condition.
In many cases, the parasite responsible for causing amebiasis lives in an individual’s large intestine without causing any symptoms.
Antiamebics are the drugs that kill amoeba in the blood, in the wall of the intestine and liver abscesses. They treat amoebiasis, an infection caused by a certain amoeba called Entamoeba histolytica.
People who are at increased risk of getting amebiasis to include:
Amoebiasis is an infection caused by parasites that live only in humans and are passed in an infected person's faeces. An individual gets this parasitic infection by putting anything in their mouth that has touched infected faeces or drinking or eating food or water contaminated with the parasite. Amoebiasis can also be spread via sexual or oral-anal contact. Some people with this condition carry the parasite for weeks to years, often without symptoms, continually passing it in their faeces.
Proper sanitation is important to avoid amoebiasis. In general, thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water after using the bathroom and before handling/preparing food. People with amoebiasis should avoid sexual contact until the infection is treated and cleared. Be cautious when travelling to a location where there is poor sanitary condition. It is important to drink water from a safe source such as sealed packed bottled water, carbonated water from sealed cans, and boiled tap water. Also, be careful while eating food from street vendors, vegetables, and fruits that you do not peel or use raw dairy products.
The symptoms of amebiasis include abdominal cramping, loose stool, and stomach pain. However, most individuals suffering from parasitic infection won’t experience significant symptoms.
People with amebiasis in their intestines can transfer the infection to others through stool even if they do not show symptoms. When infected stool contaminates food or water supplies, the parasitic infection can spread quickly to many people at once.
Amoebiasis is caused by an amoeba that enters the human body when an individual ingests cysts through food or water through contaminated food or water. The parasite can also enter the body through direct contact with faecal matter.
Metronidazole is a drug of choice for invasive amebiasis, and nitroimidazoles have greatly simplified the therapy of amebiasis.