About overweight or obesity:
Obesity is defined as an accumulation of excess fat in the body. It is a condition in which the total energy reserve, stored in the fatty tissue of humans and other mammals, is elevated to a point where it is associated with certain health problems or increased mortality. Eating too much leads to fat being stored in the body and overeating causes weight gain, and eventually obesity. Obesity is an epidemic in the United States and other developed countries. More than half of the Americans are overweight. Weight loss is an important step towards getting rid of the possible complexities of obesity.
The causes of obesity:
Obesity occurs when we consume more calories than we need to fulfil daily energy requirements. Several factors dominate the cause of obesity; however genetic factor plays a very important role, accounting for 70%-80% cases.
1. Genetic factor:
People with family histories of the problem are known to be more at risk of getting obese. Genetic factors affecting obesity are like:
• Slow metabolisms
• Genetic mutations
• Number of fat cells
It should be noted that even when genetic factors are present, a person can still control his diet.
2. Modern diet /eating habits:
Today’s lifestyle has quite changed from what it was 20 years ago, today people are more dependent on packaged food rather than on the homemade food. Dining out and street foods are common today, this behaviour among the people and specifically in the young generation places them at very high risk of getting obese.’
3. Sedentary lifestyle:
Sedentary or inactive lifestyle may be considered as the primary reason for the cases of obesity in most of the people of the western world like America. Less exercise of body muscles finally results in the heavy increase in body weight.
4. Biological pathway to appetite:
Eating patterns in our body are governed by hormones released by the hypothalamus and pituitary glands of the brain. Hence, our appetite is governed by both the gastrointestinal tract and the brain.
5. Effect of certain medicine:
Drugs mentioned below increases the appetite:
• Female hormone treatments, oral birth control pills and certain Progestin
• Antidepressants and anti-psychotic drugs
6. Certain disease symptoms:
Some diseases show obesity as a symptom for ex:
• Cushing’s disease
• Polycystic ovarian cancer in women
Signs to identify obesity:
Weight gain and weight loss are ruled by many factors including lifestyle and our dietary habits. Most of us immediately know when we gain weight.A few common signs and symptoms of obesity are:
• Extra fat around waist
• Scale measurements easily show when you are over weight
• Ill fitted clothes and felt the need to wear oversized clothes
• Having higher than normal BMI or Body and mass index
Adverse health effects of obesity:
Various health problems could be related to the increased or abnormal weight gain. Some of the complications are Diabetes, High blood pressure, GERD, depression, breathing problems and uterine cancers, etc.. The person may find the symptoms related to these disorders. Apart from various medical complications there are certain other psychological problems like low self-esteem, difficulty in finding a good job and poor quality of life.
Preventing weight gain is not a difficult task. You can prevent weight gain if you adopt healthy lifestyle habits, that should preferably begin in childhood. Parents are the major source of motivator who can encourage their child to make healthy eating habits and having an active lifestyle. The following tips may prove helpful:
• Count the calories and keep in mind how many calories you are taking in and how much you are burning out.
• Cut the portion size, and only take the second helping of food if you need to
• Always be active, engage your family in some physical sport to enjoy an active family life
• Limit the access to T.V., computers and video games after a particular time, it will discourage inactiveness
• Do some household activities
• Take a walk daily
• Keep track of your weight and health index
Common weight loss drugs:
The target of weight loss can be achieved with the proper lifestyle and dietary habits combined with the help of a some weight loss drugs in case of stubborn fat that denies going easily. Here is a list of some common weight loss medicines and products:
• Liv slim-herbal product
All these weight loss medicines are available on our reputed website Alldaychemist.com, so, if you want to buy these weight loss products online, try our site to get assured and reliable drugs.
Myths and facts:
Weight gain and loss are not a thing to get baffled. You can easily keep your weight in your control by making simple changes in your lifestyle.there are various misconception associated with it, a few common are:
Myth: Eating breakfast prevents obesity
Fact: Eating or skipping breakfast does not lead to any changes in weight
Myth: Having fruits and vegetable is your diet lead to increased weight loss
Fact: Having fruits and vegetables in your daily diet will kee you healthy but does add calories also if not counteracted by burning those added calories.
the common methods used are:
• BMI: one most common method of finding out whether you are overweight or not can be done by calculating your BMI. BMI is an estimate of body fat, and it's a good measurement of your risk for diseases that occur with more body fat.
It is defined as the ratio of weight in kilograms to your height in meters (kg/m2)
|40.0 and above||Extreme obesity|
Waist circumference: You also can measure your waist size. For this stand and place a tape measure around your waist, just above your hipbones. Measure your waist just after you breathe out.
Any success for the weight loss requires a change in lifestyle and setting goals along with certain medicines and surgery in uncontrollable conditions.
Weight loss medicines: Weight-loss medicines permitted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) may be an option for some people.
• Orlistat: this is a very good weight loss medicine, it lower the weight in about first six months of taking the medicine. It is meant to be used with reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and good physical activity along with regular checkups during the first year of taking the taking the medicine.
• Lorcaserin Hydrochloride and Qsymia: recently approved by FDA, these two medicines are the newest in the market. These are suitable for the people with one of the following problems like high BP, type2 diabetes or high cholesterol.
Weight loss surgery: it is the solution for the people who are extremely overweight or those who have failed in other treatment procedures. People with chronic diseases like sleep apnea, cardiomyopathy and type2 diabetes can opt for the surgical weight loss procedure.
Steps to improve health:
One should opt for a healthy food diet like:
• Fat-free and low-fat dairy products
• Protein food, such as fish, beans and poultry
• Instead of watching TV, dance to music or go for a walk
Important things to know:
Weight loss can be easily achieved with the help of weight loss pill available on our site alldaychemist.com. Buy these drugs from our site for experiencing reliable and assured services.