Pain may be described as an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a result of injury, disease, emotional disorder or distress. Dull, sharp, gnawing, aching, stinging, nagging, throbbing, pounding, shooting, stabbing, radiating, searing, tearing, pinching, suffocating and splitting, these are just a few synonyms by which we describe the agonizing pain. Pain is a feeling triggered in the brain or nervous system, it may be dull or very harsh, it may remain or go depending upon the triggering reasons.
It is not a very rare sight watching a person walking up to the drug store to purchase a pain reliever without any prescription or guidance from a doctor. When it comes to relieving pain, people use the pain killers online or offline, from all the available sources. Alldaychemist offers the best pain relievers from the top most brands of the industry, but we suggest you to go for a medical practitioner before taking these medicines.
The causes of pain differ, anything from a stomach ulcer to a bad mattress can cause pain. Pain might be due to both physical and emotional reasons. Pain might be a result of injury or illness.
The feeling of physical pain can differ greatly - mild, sharp, severe, and dull. There are various ways to classify pain. One of the easiest is to divide into two groups:
Nociceptive and neuropathic pain:
In this type of pain, the nervous system is working properly, and it sends a proper signal from the areas of pain to the brain. Whenever there is a source of pain, such as a cut, a broken bone or a problem with the spine the brain starts working to give the signals that one is injured.
There are two types of nociceptive pain:
1. Visceral pain
Visceral pain is the pain in the internal organs. It comes from the organs or the blood vessels, which are not as extensively supplied by sensory nerves. In contrast to somatic pain, visceral pain may feel dull and vague, and may be harder to pinpoint. Some common types of visceral pain include:
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Bladder pain
• Endometriosis pain
• Prostate pain
2. Somatic pain
Somatic pain comes from the skin and deep tissues. It is described as musculoskeletal pain. As many nerves supply the bones, muscles, and other soft tissues, somatic pain is usually easier to locate than visceral pain. Some common types of somatic pain include:
• Tension headaches
• Pelvic pain
• Chronic back pain (not caused by nerve damage)
The body’s nervous system is not working properly. There is no obvious source of pain, but surely the damage is present. It is associated with the abnormal sensations and the pain produced by normally non-painful stimuli. Neuropathic pain may have episodic components. Common qualities include burning or coldness, "pins and needles" sensations, numbness, and itching.
Some common pains felt are:
• Back pain
The causes of back pain can be multifaceted- accidents, muscle strains, sports injuries. Stiffness, lower back pain, and pain radiating down the leg are symptoms of back pain.
• Chronic shoulder and neck pain
All kinds of joint and muscle problems can cause neck and shoulder pain resulting in over-exertion, pinched nerves
• Chronic muscle pain muscle sprains, strains, and pains, these all result from different sorts of assaults, small to severe.
• Abdominal pain
Abdominal pain has numerous causes- ranging from mild stomach ache, sharp pain or stomach cramps.
• Depression, anxiety related to pain
Depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems can cause pain or make existing pain worse.
Unrelenting and constant pain may adversely affect our body’s different systems. The various organs of our system include endocrine, cardiovascular, neurological system, musculoskeletal systems and immune systems.
It’s a fact that pain cannot be completely prevented. It is very necessary to explore different techniques to prevent pain and help to cope it also. The various tips to prevent pain are:
• Treat your health problems at the earliest
• Perform exercise daily to loosen and stretch the body muscles
• Consume a balanced diet
• Try to reduce the stress
• Get enough amount of sleep etc.
The site alldaychemist.com offers you a range of pain relief medicines. You can buy various pain relief products online from alldaychemist.com like:
• Voveran gel-1%
• Volini gel etc
Myths and facts:
Like all other diseases and physical problems pain also have some myths associated. Here are some concepts that are often misunderstood and stepped in various myths:
Myth: you just can’t win over pain, you have to live with it
Fact: Although pain is inevitable, you can control your pain with numerous techniques like exercise, relaxation techniques and etc /prescription pain relievers.
Myth: chronic pain can kill you
Fact: no, but it can create irritation and prompt suicidal tendencies. Hence pain must be managed carefully
We have a lot of words to describe the pain. While talking to your doctor you should keep in mind to tell the doctor about the following points:
1. Onset: when did the pain start?
2. Location: where does it hurt?
3. Duration: when you have pain, how long does it remain?
4. Characteristics: describe the pain type in words.
5. Aggravating factors: what worsen your pain?
6. Relieving factors: what makes your pain better?
7. Temporal factors: how does your pain vary in the course of the day?
8. Severity: how would you describe the intensity of your pain on a 0-10 scale? None, mild, moderate, severe, etc.
Based on your answers to these points your doctor may advise you to undergo the physical examination, X-Ray testing, MRI scan, CT-scan, and EMG (electromyogram).
There is a wide range of treatments available, but not all will be suitable for everyone, and it is important to discuss your options with your doctor.
Manual therapy: It falls into three main areas. It is performed mainly by physiotherapists, chiropractors, and osteopaths.
• A mobilization is a tender form of physical treatment where the joint is moved as much as possible within the existing range of motions.
• Manipulation is the more forceful movement of a joint, possibly beyond what the joint could normally do.
(Both of these can help to improve the array of movement and reduce pain allowing increased exercise and activity)
• Massage is a gentle, hands-on treatment that can help muscles to loosen up and can divert you from the pain. The effects of massage may only be short term, but may help you get over a difficult time.
• Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) aims to block pain signals such as they pass through the spinal cord on the way to the brain.
• Acupuncture is another way though short-lived it could prove highly beneficial to some people.
• Medication or painkillers are quite handy. They come in various forms such as topical medicines: creams, ointments, spray and gel along with the oral capsules and tablets.
Buy pain relief products online from alldaychemist.com to improve your condition and get relief from pain.
Steps to improve life:
To improve the chronic pain condition, you can adopt the following tips:
• Get enough amount of sleep
• Exercise regularly
• Stay active
• Try self-massage etc.
Important things to know:
Always keep in mind that managing the pain rather than curing is very important part of treating pain.