Campicilin 500 mg
Out Of Stock
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Ampicillin. The medicine is used to treat several types of infections.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used in treating infection of the bladder, ear, gonorrhea, pneumonia, Salmonella and E. Coli. The medicine may be used for other purposes as well.
Working of the drug:
It is an antibiotic drug that belongs to the group of antibiotics called penicillin. It is used in treating bacterial infection. It will not work on viral infection. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
The manufacturer of Campicilin - 500 mg is Nicholas Piramal (India). You can purchase Campicilin - 500 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- Campicilin - 500 mg
- Campicillin plus 500 - 500 mg
- Campicilin - 250 mg
- Megapin - 250 + 250 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney or liver disease
- Have you have asthma
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Have a history of any type of allergy
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby
- Are allergic to any medicine especially to cephalosporin antibiotics such as Cephalexin, Cefaclor, Cefuroxime Axetil, Cefadroxil and so on.
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose of the medicine depends on several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. The medicine is usually prescribed to be taken 4 times a day every 6 hours or as per the instruction of your doctor
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It is best to take the medicine on an empty stomach usually one hour before or 2 hours after the meal time. You need to drink lot of fluids while using the medicine.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine can cause several side effects such as stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, drowsiness and hyperactivity. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Taking the medicine at the same time each day can minimise the missing of any dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
If the above side effects persist for long then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Taking Ampicillin can result in several serious side effects as well such as:
- Severe stomach/abdominal pain
- Persistent nausea/vomiting
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Fever, persistent sore throat
- Unusual tiredness
In case of serious side effects you must get medical attention as soon as you can. The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact with Ampicillin and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Such medicines should not be taken together as there are chances of side effects. You must keep a list of the medicines that you are taking currently and also the name of the medicines that you are allergic to and provide it to your doctor so that he can check for possible drug interaction.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- You must complete the dose of antibiotic as not completing the course can cause a drug resistant infection which is difficult to treat with common antibiotics.
- Elderly person must exercise caution while taking the medicine.
- Even if the symptoms disappear after taking the medicine for some time, continue to take the medicine for the entire prescribed period of time. Stopping to take the medicine may cause the bacteria to grow again. Hence, chances of relapse of the infection are there.