|Generic Name||Pentosan Polysulfate|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Capsule/s||US$ 1.83||US$ 55.00|
|60 Capsule/s||US$ 1.67||US$ 100.00|
|90 Capsule/s||US$ 1.56||US$ 140.00|
Cystopen capsule is prescribed for relieving pain and discomfort in the bladder due to interstitial cystitis. It contains Pentosan polysulphate, which helps to prevent irritation of the bladder walls. The medicine is extremely beneficial in reducing bladder inflammation and irritation. Sometimes Cystopen100 mg is also prescribed to those with a clotting disorder. Your physician may have suggested this medication for other conditions as well. Take the medicine under the supervision of a physician.
What are its uses?
Cystopen, manufactured by Sun pharma is a medicine used to ease pain, swelling, and irritation of the bladder in people with interstitial cystitis. The active ingredient of the medicine is Pentosan sulphate, which belongs to the class of medications known as low molecular weight heparins. It specifically acts on the bladder and reduces the irritation of the bladder walls.
How to use Cystopen 100 mg?
The dosage of Cystopen depends on the age, weight, medical history and current health status of an individual. The medicine is supplied in the form of a capsule which should not be broken and taken on an empty stomach with water. Try not to miss any dose, if you do, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time to take the next dose, continue with your regular dosing schedule while skipping the missed dose. Avoid taking two doses at the same time to compensate for the missed one. If you are not sure after missing a dose, contact your physician for advice.
What are the Side Effects?
The commonly reported side effects after the use of Pentosan sulphate are:
- Stomach upset
- Sores in mouth
Look at some serious side effects of Cystopen. These include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Mood swings
- Irregular heartbeat
- Bleeding gums
- Unusual tiredness
To get the complete list of the side effects, please contact your physician.
What are the possible Drug Interactions?
Drugs that may interact with Pentosan sulphate are:
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in Cystopen capsule.
- Limit alcohol consumption during the treatment. However, it would be great if you completely stop the use of alcohol.
- The drug is not thought to be safe for pregnant and breastfeeding ladies. Therefore, it is wise to first discuss with your physician before deciding to use this medicine.
- Do not take pentosan capsule more than the prescribed amount that is once a day.
- Avoid driving or handling heavy machinery while taking these 100 mg capsules.
- Before starting treatment with Cystopen, tell your physician if you have a history of kidney, liver, heart, or respiratory disease.
- It is better to avoid the use of other drugs while taking pentosan capsules as other medications can affect the way Cystopen works.
- Some people may experience bruising to due to anticoagulant effects of Pentosan 100 mg capsules.
- Notify your physician if you are pregnant or are planning to conceive.
- Always check the expiry date before buying the medicine.