|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.23||US$ 37.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.14||US$ 68.507%US$ 74.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.07||US$ 96.0014%US$ 111.00|
Dytor 100 mg is a prescription for edema associated with congestive heart failure, renal disorders, or hepatic disease. It contains the active ingredient Torsemide, a loop diuretic belonging to the pyridine-sulfonylurea class.
1. Oedema is secondary to the following:
a. Heart failure- Diuretics are the mainstay of treatment for edema due to heart failure. The recommended initial dose is 5 to 10 mg once a day. The maximum daily dose is 200 mg per day.
b. For chronic renal disease - The recommended initial oral dose is 20 mg once daily. The dose can double until the desired effect is obtained. The maximum dose is 200 mg per day.
c. Hepatic cirrhosis- The initial recommended dose is 5 to 10 mg once daily. The doses may increase slowly until the desired effect is achieved. The usual recommended dose for torsemide is 40 mg.
2. Hypertension - The initial recommended dose is 5 mg once daily, which may increase to 10 mg daily after 4 to 6 weeks. The maximum daily dose is 10 mg daily after 4 to 6 weeks. The medicine is usually used in combination with other oral antihypertensive agents.
Dytor 100 mg should not be used in the following situations:
— Hypersensitivity reaction
— Anuric acute renal failure
— Elderly patients, especially if hypotensive
— Electrolyte abnormalities or arrhythmias at baseline
— Patients with diabetes
Side effects associated with the use of Dytor 100 mg include:
- Electrolyte disturbances
- Hypotension due to excessive diuresis
- Renal failure due to aggressive diuresis, especially in cases of infection or hypovolemia
- Sufa allergy
- Photosensitivity reaction
- Gastrointestinal symptoms like diarrhoea, nausea, constipation, dyspepsia
- Hyperuricemia may occur, including symptomatic or gout, especially when used with other medications that contribute to hyperuricemia.
- Central nervous system manifestations like anxiety or nervousness
Consult your doctor if they persist or become troublesome. To avoid side effects, take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor.
Dytor 100 mg is available in the form of a tablet. Patients may take the oral form before or after consuming food. Take it according to the dose and frequency as advised by the doctor. Swallow the pill whole with a glass full of water. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet. Do not drive or operate machinery while taking medicine since it may make you dizzy. Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have liver, kidney, or heart problems. It is important to continue taking medicine even if you feel well. If you discontinue treatment without consulting our doctor, your condition may worsen. Lifestyle modifications like stress management techniques, restricting salt intake, and stopping smoking may help this medication work better. It is best to avoid taking this medicine within four hours of your bedtime to prevent late-night urination.