Fenoxene 10 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Samarth Pharma, India|
About the drug
The drug Fenoxene comprises of the active ingredient Phenoxybenzamine, which belongs to the class of drugs called alpha-blockers. This drug is prescribed in case of high blood pressure caused due to a tumor of the adrenal glands known as Phaeochromocytoma and sweating caused by certain tumors. It is used to reduce the pulmonary pressure when it is more than the systemic pressure and to alleviate peripheral vascular spasms. Smart Pharma manufactures Fenoxene capsules in the strength of 10 mg. Detailed information related to Fenoxene Capsules including its uses, working, side effects, dosage and warnings are as follows:
Uses of the drug
This drug is useful in the treatment of hypertension in phaeochromocytoma (a type of cancer of the adrenal glands), urinary retention (inability to completely empty the bladder), benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement of prostate gland) and, hypoplastic left heart syndrome (an exceptional inborn heart defect in which the left part of the heart is severely underdeveloped).
Working of the drug
It contains Phenoxybenzamine as it’s active ingredient. The active ingredient improves the patient's condition by reducing the constriction caused in blood vessels, thus, helping in reducing the blood pressure.
Fenoxene is manufactured by Samarth Pharma. For easy purchase, you can buy this medication on our website alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strength
Fenoxene is available in the strength combination of 10 mg and contains an active ingredient known as Phenoxybenzamine. To buy Fenoxene 10 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before taking the drug
Discuss with your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of these medical conditions before you take this drug:
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- If you have a history of cancer
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding
- If you are taking some prescription/nonprescription medicines, herbal products, or dietary supplements
- If you have problems associated with blood vessels supplying the heart or brain, an irregular heartbeat, heart problems, infection of lungs or respiratory tract, or kidney problems
- If you are taking any other medication for blood pressure
How much to take the drug?
The dose of your drug is decided by your doctor. The dosage is fixed on the basis of your medical condition and response to the medication.
How to take the drug?
Use the medication as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. You can take it by mouth with or without food. Take it as scheduled by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop the usage or change the dose of the drug without consulting with your doctor. Take this drug on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by your doctor.
If you take some extra dose accidentally, contact a poison control center or emergency room quickly. Symptoms of overdose can be fainting, severe weakness and, fast heartbeat.
If you miss a dose of Fenoxene, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your usual dosing plan. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Side effects of the drug
Fenoxene may cause the following side effects:
- Nasal congestion
- Upset stomach
- Sexual dysfunction (difficulty in enjaculation)
- Fast heartbeat
Common drug interactions
This drug may interact with medicines like
- Sildenafil, tadalafil (treat erectile dysfunction-ED or pulmonary hypertension),
- Epinephrine, prazosin (alpha blockers),
- Diuretics, ACE inhibitors, beta blockers (treat hypertension)
- Certain antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine)
- Anti-seizure drugs (e.g., carbamazepine)
- Medicine inducing sleep or anxiety (e.g., alprazolam, diazepam, zolpidem)
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotics (e.g., codeine)
- Psychiatric medicines (e.g., risperidone, chlorpromazine, amitriptyline, trazodone).
Things to remember:
- Fenoxene may cause drowsiness or dizziness thus, use it with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal." Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.s