Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Glimepiride is an oral anti diabetic medication that controls blood sugar levels. This drug increases the sensitivity of the body cells towards the produced insulin. Glimepiride is given along with the diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes. Glimepiride belongs to the sulfonyl ureas class of drugs.
Uses of the drug:
Glimepiride is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It is given as an adjunct to the diet and exercise in the management of Type 2 diabetes.
Working of the drug:
Glimepiride helps in controlling the blood sugar levels of the body. It is a third generation oral hypoglycemic drug that stimulates the production of insulin from pancreatic beta cells and increases the sensitivity of body cells to the insulin. Glimepiride binds with the potassium channel and depolarizes the membrane. This in turn actuates calcium ion inflow and induces insulin secretion. It aims to increase the production of insulin from the pancreas and overcomes the insulin resistance factor.
Glypride 1 mg is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant and you can buy Glypiride 1 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths available:
Glimepiride tablets are available in four strength combination available at our website:
- Glypride 1mg
- Glypride 2mg
- Glypride 3mg
- Glypride 4 mg
You can buy Glypride 1 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you
- Have any allergy to any of the active ingredients present in it
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Use other antidiabetic drugs
- Are allergic to sulfa drug
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have an enzyme glucose 6 phosphate deficiency
- Have hepatic problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Are having type 1 diabetes
- Are undernourished
How much to take the drug?
The dosage is given according to the condition and health status of the patient. The usual recommended dose starts from 1 mg or 2 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the condition and patient’s response. Doctor will recommend the best suitable dose for you.
How to take the drug?
Take the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always take the drug, according to the instructions given on the package insert.
Glimepiride is generally taken once per day during breakfast or first meal. Your doctor can only recommend the best timings and always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long to take it?
This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. Sudden discontinuation can lead to undesired and severe conditions.
In case of overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter hypoglycemia conditions:
- Slurring of speech
- Muscular pain
- Blurred vision
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
Side effects of the drug:
With great efficacy, Glimepiride exerts some side effects that some may experience them or some may not. Chances of getting these undesired effects vary from person to person. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Mild itching and skin rash
- Weakness, shaking and sweating due to extreme low blood sugar levels
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Skin conditions like pruritis and urticaria
- Urine and stool discoloration
- Difficulty in breathing
- Confusion and hallucinations
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Numbness and tingly feeling
- Blurred vision
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. The doctor gives you the complete information of the drugs that can hamper the action of Glimepiride. The drugs that may interact with Glimepiride are as follows:
- Antiepileptic medications
- Sulfa drugs like Bactrim, Gantanol and Septra
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Asthma, allergy medications
- Steroidal medicines
- Thyroid medications
Things to remember:
• Always take the medicine as per the prescription
• Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
• Keep complete record of other medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• Follow a strict diet and exercise regimen while taking this drug
• Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light