Nucoxia 60 mg
Out Of Stock
Nucoxia is a prescription treatment for the following conditions:
- Acute and chronic signs of osteoarthritis (Disease of the joints)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (inflammation of the spine and large joints)
- Acute gouty arthritis (recurring attacks of very painful inflammation and redness in the joints)
- Acute pain conditions such as pain related to dental procedures and musculoskeletal pain
The medicine contains the active ingredient Etoricoxib which belongs to a group of known selective COX-2 inhibitors. The medicine works by blocking the effects of the COX-2 enzyme, which make other chemicals called prostaglandin in the body. Some prostaglandins are produced at injury sites or places where damage occurs, which causes pain and inflammation. By blocking the action of COX-2 enzymes, fewer prostaglandins are produced, which means pain and swelling are eased.
Nucoxia 60 mg may not be suitable for people with certain conditions, and it should be used with extra care. Before you begin using this anti-inflammatory drug, it is important to let your doctor know of the following conditions:
- asthma or any other allergic disorder
- dehydration or if you recently have diarrhoea or vomiting
- stomach or duodenal ulcer, or Crohn’s disease
- Any problems associated with liver or kidney
- High blood pressure
- Blood clotting problems
- A connective tissue disorder such as systematic lupus erythematosus
- if you are taking other medicines, including prescription, non-prescription, or herbal medicines
- If you ever had an allergic reaction to NSAID such as indomethacin, diclofenac, aspirin, and ibuprofen.
The medicine may cause worsening of your asthma symptoms. If this happens, your doctor will ask you to discontinue treatment.
Along with the beneficial effects of Nucoxia 60 mg, It causes side effects as well though not everybody who takes it experiences unwanted effects associated with it. The common side effects associated with the use of Etoricoxib are tiredness, dizziness, indigestion, stomach upset, high blood pressure, constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, fluid retention, and swollen ankles. To avoid stomach discomfort, stick to simple meals, avoid fatty or spicy foods. Drink plenty of water during and after the treatment. Speak to your doctor if any of these symptoms become troublesome.
Before you start taking Nucoxia 60 mg, read the prescription carefully, as it will give more information about the tablet. It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions to reap the medicine's full benefits. Take the tablet once daily exactly as your doctor tell you to. People with osteoarthritis usually prescribed a 60 mg dose if needed. People with rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis are prescribed Nucoxia 60 mg once daily to control pain associated with these conditions. Swallow the tablet with water. You may take it before or after consuming food, although the anti-inflammatory drug work more rapidly if taken without food. Usually, a doctor will prescribe the lowest dose for the shortest time possible to reduce the risk of side effects. If you need to take medicine for a long time, your doctor may prescribe you another medicine to take along with Nucoxia to protect your stomach from irritation.