|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.97||US$ 29.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.85||US$ 51.0012%US$ 58.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.79||US$ 71.0018%US$ 87.00|
About the drug:
Olmesartan is an Angiotensin-II receptor inhibitor is an active ingredient that is used to lower the high blood pressure or hypertension. The drug can be used alone or in combination with several other antihypertensive drugs.
Uses of the drug:
This drug relaxes the constricted blood vessels and reduces the high blood pressure. Hypertension is the major cause of various cardiovascular problems. During systolic pressure rises above 120 mm Hg and diastolic pressure dips below 80 mm Hg. The pressure change above or below the normal BP range really weakens the heart and hinders its normal functioning. Olmesartan also reduces the chances of future cardiovascular health problems.
Working of the drug:
Olmesartan is a pro-drug that works by blocking the binding of Angiotensin-II to the receptors. Angiotensin-II has two prime effects:
• Constriction of blood vessels
• Salt and fluid retention in kidneys by forming Aldosterone hormone.
Olmesartan stops the formation of Angiotensin-II, which in turn causes relaxation of blood vessels or reduces the Vasoconstriction and the secretion of aldosterone.
Olmesar-20 mg is manufactured by Macleods, a well known Indian pharmaceutical giant. The drugs are available on our site alldaychemist.com in various pack sizes of tablets. You can easily buy Olmesar 20 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strength:
Olmesartan is available in the form of tablets, have the following four strength combinations of the active ingredient Olmesartan:
Olmesar 20 mg
Olmecip 20 mg
Olmecip 40 mg
Olvance 40 mg
All these strengths are available and you can buy Olmesar 20 mg online from alldaychemist.com at the cheapest rates.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take it if you:
- Have had or have allergy to Olmesartan
- Are pregnant as the drug may be harmful to the unborn baby
- Are breastfeeding, as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
• Tell your doctor if you:
- Are going to have a surgery (in such a case, surely inform the doctor before going for it that you are taking this drug)
- Have Kidney problems
- Have Heart problems
- Have Liver disease or diabetes, etc.
How much to take the drug?
Your physician will decide the best suitable dose for you. The usual dose starts from 20 mg and can be increased up to 40 mg. It can be adjusted by the doctor depending upon the severity and condition of the patient.
How to take the drug?
Olmesartan tablets must be swallowed whole with plenty of fluid. Do not crush or chew it. Do not mix it with any fluid or dissolve it. Olmesartan tablets can be taken with or without food. There is such no necessity prescribed for the product. It is still advisable to take this drug at least 4 hours before going to bed as doing this will prevent you getting up from sleep in an urgency urinate. It would be best for you to take medicine at the same time each day. It will also lower the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Olmesartan controls hypertension, but it does not cure the problem. Take this drug regularly to get the most of the benefits from the drug. It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So, before stopping the drug intake, always consult a physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention. If you take an excess of tablets you may experience lightheadedness, dizziness and have a fast heartbeat.
Take it as soon as possible if it’s not too late, but if it is less than 12 hrs left for your next dose, then skip the dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. You need to consult doctor if following effects are observed such as:
• Abdominal pain and cramps
• Dehydration or loss of too much of water
• Decrease in vision or eye pain
• High levels of potassium in blood and its symptoms like muscle fatigue and slow heart beat etc.
• Unusual change in the amount of urine
• Nausea and vomiting
• Flu like symptoms
• Back pain
Common drug interactions:
The following drugs should be avoided in case doctor prescribes you Olmesartan in order to avoid possible drug interactions:
• Glyceryl trinitrate
• Ciclosporin and heparin can cause hyperkalemia when taken along with Olmesartan
Things to remember:
• The medicine may increase dizziness, so to avoid dizziness, be careful and slow while rising from a sitting or lying position
• Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of the reach of children
• Don’t use the expired drugs