|Manufacturer||Akin Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 15.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.42||US$ 25.0019%US$ 31.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.37||US$ 33.5028%US$ 46.50|
About the drug
The drug pyridium consists of the active ingredient Phenazopyridine which belongs to the category of drugs known as urinary tract analgesics (alleviate pain). Phenazopyridine is a pain reliever that is effective in the lower part of your urinary tract including bladder and urethra. This medication is used to ease pain, burning sensation, increased urge to urinate and, increased urination. These symptoms usually show up due to any injury, infection, surgery, catheter, or other conditions that irritate or inflame the lower urinary tract. This medication can cause serious side effects, thus, it should only be taken on a doctor’s recommendation.
Uses of the drug
This medication is useful in alleviating the symptoms caused by inflammation or irritation of the urinary tract, including pain, burning, and the need to urinate urgently or often. This drug does not target the cause of the urinary irritation, however, it can help ease the symptoms while other treatments take effect. Pyridium works as a painkiller to pacify the lining of the urinary tract.
Working of the drug
It contains one active ingredient called Phenazopyridine. It belongs to the class of drugs referred to as urinary tract analgesics which alleviate pain and discomfort associated with the urinary tarct. The active constituent of the drug has a direct topical analgesic (pain relieving) effect on the mucosa lining of the urinary tract.
Pyridium is manufactured by Warner Chilcott Laboratories. It is available on our website alldaychemist.com for easy purchase.
Dosage form and strength
Pyridium is available in the strength combination of 200 mg and contains an active ingredient known as Phenazopyridine. To buy Pyridium 200 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before taking the drug
Some medical conditions and medications may interact with Pyridium. Discuss with your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- If you are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or are breastfeeding
- If you are taking any prescription/nonprescription medications, herbal products, or dietary supplement
- If you are allergic to some medicines, foods, or other substances
- If you have a medical history of certain blood problems
- If you have deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (g-6-pd) or a family history of this deficiency
How much to take the drug?
The amount of drug for you to be taken is to be decided by your doctor. The dosage is decided on the basis of your medical condition and response to the therapy.
How to take the drug?
Take this medication by mouth, usually 3 times daily after meals or as directed by your doctor. If you are taking this medication along with antibiotics for symptoms related to a urinary tract infection, or are self-treating, do not take it for more than 2 days without talking to your doctor.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop the usage or change the dose of the drug without consulting with your doctor. Take this drug on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by your doctor.
If overdose, talk to doctors or poisons information center for advice. Take medical aid immediately.
Consult your doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug
This drug may generate some side-effects while adjiusting to your body. These include:
- blue-purple color of skin
- fever and confusion
- shortness of breath, tightness in chest, wheezing, or troubled breathing
- skin rash
- sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- swelling of face, fingers, feet, and/or lower legs
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weight gain
- yellow eyes or skin
- itching of the skin
- stomach cramps or pain
Common drug interactions
Phenazopyridine can interfere with certain laboratory tests (including urine tests for kidney function, bilirubin, and sugar levels), possibly causing false test results. Make sure laboratory personnel and all your doctors know you use this drug.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
Things to remember:
- This drug may make you dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- The active constituent present in the drug can dye your urine and tears orange-red. This may stain clothing and contact lenses. Do not wear contact lenses while using this medication.