Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
Progesterone is a female hormone that is significant for the regulation of ovulation and menstruation. Whenever women who have not reached menopause yet begin to experience irregular periods, it means that progesterone is lacking from their body. Under such circumstances, this hormone is used to bring about menstrual periods in women. It is effective in avoiding overgrowth in the lining of the uterus in postmenopausal women, who are undergoing estrogen hormone substitution therapy. Your doctor may prescribe the amount of progesterone depending on your condition and prevailing medical history. The dosage differs from patient to patient and there is no fixed or standard amount of dosage. Strictly stick to your prescribed amount of dosage.
Uses of the drug:
To treat the women who have stopped having menstrual periods before menopause
Prevent abnormal thickening of the uterus wall lining
Working of the drug:
Progesterone hormone is lipophilic (lipid-loving) in nature hence gets easily absorbed in the cells. The hormone then binds to the receptors and initiates the progestational activity.
Susten 200mg/2ml Ampoules are manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. You can buy Susten 200mg/2ml Ampoules online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Progesterone is available on our website in various strengths and dosage form on our website:
- Susten 200mg soft gelatin capsule
- Susten 200mg/2ml Ampoules
- Susten 100mg/1ml Ampoules
- Susten Gel 1.35 gm
- Susten 100 mg tablets
- Susten 200 mg tablets
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are planning a pregnancy, or if you are within the initial stages of your pregnancy
- Are breast-feeding
- Are suffering or have earlier suffered from growths in the liver, lupus, migraines, seizures, thyroid problems, fluid retention, swelling of joints, blood clotting, or vision loss
- Have a history of asthma, kidney problems, heart problems, high blood pressure, blood vessel problems, high cholesterol or lipid levels, diabetes, depression, dementia, gallbladder problems, or pancreas problems, high or low blood calcium levels.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have been afflicted with jaundice
- Have had your uterus removed or if there was a history of endometrial, cervical, or vaginal cancer in your family
- Have had suffered from endometriosis; growths in the uterus; uterine fibroids; abnormal mammograms; or lumps in the breast
How much to take the drug?
Progesterone must be administered just how your doctor prescribes it. Whenever in doubt and your doctor can not be reached, follow the instructions on your prescription label.
How to take the drug?
During each menstrual cycle, Progesterone is sometimes given for only a small duration, such as for 6 to 12 days at a time. You must strictly follow the suggested dosing routine for this medication to take effect. Properly take note of the patient instructions that come with this medication very carefully. In case you have any queries, immediately consult your pharmacist or physician.
When the injection form is prescribed; your doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider will administer the injection shot into a muscle. In case you are injecting yourself at home, your physician must instruct you on how to correctly administer the shots. Under no circumstances should you inject yourself or any other person at home without completely understanding how to use the injections properly. After administering the dose, dispose-off the needles and syringes scientifically and hygienically.
Without any hesitation, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, it shouldn't be consumed if it is already time for your next dosage. Never make the mistake of taking any extra medication to make up for the missed doses, as this could create other complications.
Get medical attention at the earliest in case of over dose. Visit your nearest health care center or call your doctor immediately.
Side effects of the drug:
Do not hesitate to seek immediate medical help in case you experience:
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood swings
- Lack of appetite
- Dark urination
- Pallid stools
- Breast tenderness
- Nipple discharge
- Increased hair growth
- Loss of scalp hair, and freckles or darkening of facial skin
Side effects like hives; difficulty in breathing; or swelling of your face, lips, tongue, might be indications to put this drug on hold for a short period and consult your doctor about any further course of action. In mild instances, you could be prone to sudden coughing; wheezing; rapid breathing; swelling in your hands, ankles, and feet; unnecessary warmth, and redness in one or both leg.
Some other major concerns while consuming this drug are sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body; sudden and severe migraines; disorientation; indistinct vision or speech; improper balance; chest, arm, stomach, or shoulder pains; nausea; sweating; and general illness. Women could develop irregular menstrual periods, besides experiencing an itching sensation in their vagina or an unusual amount of vaginal discharge. Coughing up blood, suffering from jaundice, developing breast lumps, or losing interest in sex, could be experienced in extreme situations.
Common drug interactions:
Always remember to inform your doctor about all the prescriptions and other medications you take, including vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and other drugs prescribed by other doctors. Never fail to start a new course of this drug without taking your physician's opinion first. The healing capabilities of Progesterone can be severely hampered by some drugs, while some unfavorable outcomes could be produced when taken with other drugs.
Things to remember:
- Visit your doctor regularly while using this medication and never miss any scheduled appointments
- Progesterone must be stored at room temperature and a safe distance from moisture, heat, and light
- Do not use this medicine for any other complaints unless your doctor says to do so