|Manufacturer||Zydus Cadilla, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.48||US$ 14.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.39||US$ 23.5019%US$ 29.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.34||US$ 31.0029%US$ 43.50|
Zytanix, 2.5 mg for oral administration, contains the active ingredient Metolazone, which is categorized under the class of drugs known as diuretics. It acts on your kidneys to help you eliminate excess water and salt. Metolazone is prescribed to remove excess fluid from your body. This further decreases the pressure on the blood vessels and reduces the workload on the heart. Hence, it may also be effective in treating high blood pressure alone or in combination with another antihypertensive agent of a different class.
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Metolazone or any other ingredients of this medicine. Let your doctor know if you have any problems with the way your kidneys work or if you have gout. Your doctor should be aware of your pregnancy status, if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Due to the high frequency of liver, kidney, or cardiac function and concomitant drug therapy, elderly patients should be treated cautiously, usually during the initial days of treatment.
Some side effects of Zytanix 2.5 mg include:
- Passing urine several times, dry mouth, increased thirst
– Excessive loss of water may cause dehydration. Tell your doctor if you always feel tired, thirsty, or have muscle cramps.
– Consuming more water to replace your water loss or because you feel thirsty may cause the worsening of your heart condition. Talk to your doctor about the amount of fluids you consume every day.
– This usually develops when you get up quickly from sitting or lying down. Standing up slowly or changing the posture slowly may also help. Resting by sitting or lying down is important if you experience dizziness.
- Affected mineral levels in your bloodstream
– Zytanix may cause deficiency loss of potassium. Let your doctor know if you develop symptoms of excessive potassium loss, such as weakness, muscle cramps, tiredness, loss of appetite, and fast heart rate.
Inform your doctor if you develop any side effects that do not resolve and become troublesome.
The effective dosage of Zytanix should be individualized as per the condition and patient’s response. Do not stop taking the Zytanix 2.5 mg without talking to your doctor. If you are advised to take one dose daily, take it in the morning. If you have been advised to take the medicine twice a day, take the dose at least 4 to 5 hours before sleep so that you do not need to wake up several times at night to pass urine.